OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Final Agenda for wSRM TC telecon 2/8


Here is an updated agenda, with material regarding the OASIS PAS 
submitter status, for discussion

Tom Rutt
wsrm TC chair

-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133


Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – May 06, 2003

Final Agenda of WSRM TC Conference Call –Feb 08, 2005

 

The meeting of the WSRM  TC took place by teleconference 

Tuesday, Feb 08 , 2005, from 5:30 to 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

 

Conference Bridge number Toll only : 1-512-225-3050 Participant code: 716071

 

1         Draft Agenda:

 

    1 Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

    2 Roll Call

    3 Minutes Discussion

    3.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

    3.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes –

    4 Action Item Status Review

    5 Status of WS-Reliability Specification

    6 Status of Interop SC activities

    7 Next Step Documentation

    7.1 Editorial Clarifications and Errata

    7.2 Implementation Guidelines

    7.2 Future Enhancement Requests

    7.3 Composability with other WS-Specs

    9 ws reliability PAS progression

    10 new OASIS IPR Policy

    8 Discussion of Future Meetings

 

2         Roll Call

Attendance:

 

Meeting ?? quorate.

 

3         Minutes Discussion

 

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

 

3.1      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the 01/25 meeting are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/11337/MinutesWSRMTC012505.htm

 

Xx Moved to approve the 1/25  minutes, yy seconded.

 

?? opposition minutes ?? approved

 

 

4         Status of Action Items

4.1      Action 090704-1 (Tom) Pending

 

Action: Tom will try to find, from previous minutes, a list of features we have put off for future versions and will post it to the list for discussion.

 

4.2      Action 121404-2 (Jeff M and Interop SC) Pending

 

Action: Jeff M will provide examples of soap header dumps with both ws-reliability and ws-addressing headers in use, as in the interop demo.

 

 

4.3      Action 012505-1 (Tom Rutt) Pending

 

Action: Tom will investigate how to change the status of printed document.

 

4.4      Action 012505-3 (Tom Rutt) Completed

 

Action: Tom will post the edited Interop SC contribution.

 

Completed

 

 

4.5      Action 012505-4 (Jacques and Tom Rutt) Pending

 

Action: Jacques and Tom will check on availability of having next wsrm TC F2f for two days at OASIS symposium the last week of April.

 

4.6      Action 012505-3 (Tom Rutt) Closed

 

Tom: action – put out a summary of what PAS process is.

 

Exerpts from relevant JTC1 documents are included in the agenda for the 2/8 teleconf for discussion.

 

5         Status of WS-Reliability Specification

 

The public and member web site pages for the TC to have a single announcement, which refers by URL to spec and  schema at the proper location on the OASIS web site.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/fnp-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/reference-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/ws-reliability-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/wsrmfp-1.1.xsd

 

The spec itself still shows status a CD.

 

Action: Tom will investigate how to change the status of printed document.

6         Status of Interop SC activities

 

7         Next Step Documentation

Tom Rutt posted the edited contribution from the Interop SC as:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/11196/InteropSCfeedback.pdf

 

Comments are requested on re-factoring this contribution into the three document types shown below.

7.1      Editorial Clarifications and Errata 

Clarifications, editorial nits, interpretations of the actual specification,

which should be posted for others to see

7.2      Implementation Guidelines / Application Notes

Things to help implementers, which, would typically be specific to application environments.

7.3      Future Enhancement Requests

Proposed changes for future versions which would ease implementation or enhance protocol capabilities.

8         Composability with other WS-Specs

 

After the 1/11 meeting, Jacques posted the following update to the composibility paper:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/10945/WS-R_Composability_outline-V02.txt

 

Jacques clarified that this was only an editorial update.

 

After the 1/11 meeting, Tom Rutt posted a pdf version of the ws-security composition document (originally posted by Alan W) at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/10944/WS-R%20WS-Security-Draft.pdf

 

Tom Rutt send an email soliciting comments on both of the above documents:

Soliciation for Member Comments Tom Rutt 12 Jan 2005 14:06:44

 

Before the Last meeting The following response was posted:

Kicking off the discussion of the WS-R and WS-S Composability document Alan Weissberger 14 Jan 2005 19:10:51

 

Task force started with members Jacques, Alan,  Abbie,. and Bob F.

 

 

9         WS-reliability PAS progression

 

From Last meeting:

Bob: I would like to introduce the concept of progressing this specification to ISO for their purposes.  It is potentially feasible for us.

 

Tom:  OASIS has been granted PAS (Publically Available Spec) Submitter status by ISO/IEC JTC1, and can now.submit specifications to be voted on as a fast track ISO standards.

 

Bob: people should discuss whether we should do this for ws-reliability on the list, and it should be put on the agenda for next meeting.

 

From the OASIS application for PAS submitter status: JTC1 N 7458:

“

7.3.1.2) Ongoing Maintenance

a) What is the willingness and resource availability to conduct ongoing maintenance,

interpretation, and 5 year revision cycles following JTC 1 approval (see also 5.2.5)?

b) What level of willingness and resources are available to facilitate specification

progression during the transposition process (e.g., technical clarification and normal

document editing)?

 

OASIS intends to continue the maintenance of its completed and approved specifications (OASIS Standards) even after submission for approval under the JTC1 process. While some OASIS TCs have completed their work and have been closed, most remain active for some period of time after approval of their work as OASIS Standards, either to continue revision of the OASIS Standard or to encourage implementation. We will submit OASIS Standards with the understanding that the OASIS TC will continue maintenance of the specification; for implementation purposes, it is essential that the specifications approved by JTC 1 remain aligned to the OASIS Standard. Where the OASIS TC is closed or has decided that it is no longer interested in maintenance of the specification, OASIS may submit with permission to JTC1 to modify and maintain the specification if JTC1 so desires. OASIS will be willing to participate in the five year review as appropriate.

 

7.3.1.3) Changes during transposition

a) What are the expectations of the proposer toward technical and editorial changes to the specification during the transposition process?

b) How flexible is the proposing organization toward using only portions of the proposed specification or adding supplemental material to it?

OASIS will submit OASIS Standards completed and approved under the OASIS

technical process for approval by JTC1 with the understanding that the OASIS Standard will either be approved as-is by JTC1 or returned with comments for the OASIS TC to revise. This is for purpose of keeping the OASIS-approved and JTC1-approved specifications identical. A representative of the OASIS TC will attend the JTC1 ballot resolution meeting if requested, and the OASIS TC will also provide an editor for the changes. If comments are submitted to OASIS by JTC1, the TC will address those comments and revise the specification as appropriate. After revision and re-approval of the specification under the OASIS TC Process the specification will be resubmitted to JTC1 along with an account of the disposition of the JTC1 comments.

 

7.3.1.4) Future Plan)

a) What are the intentions of the proposing organization toward future additions,

extensions, deletions or modifications to the specification? Under what conditions?

When? Rationale?

b) What willingness exists to work with JTC 1 on future versions in order to avoid

divergence? Note that the answer to this question is particularly relevant in cases where

doubts may exist about the openness of the submitter organization.

c) What is the scope of the organization activities relative to specifications similar to but beyond that being proposed?

As above (see 7.3.1.3) OASIS expects that submitted OASIS Standard be approved as-is, and that any comments or requests for change be submitted to the OASIS TC. The rationale for this policy is to prevent divergence, i.e. to prevent the possibility of there being two versions of the same specification, one from OASIS and one from JTC1, in circulation.

 

The intent of OASIS is, after approval of a OASIS Standard by JTC1, to submit further versions of the same work to JTC1 for approval. Appropriate liaison should be established between the OASIS TC and the applicable JTC1 SC in order to provide adequate lines of communication between the two groups.

“

 

The following exerpt is from JTC1 N 7633 - OASIS Response to National Body Comments Contained in JTC 1 N 7617, Summary of Voting on Document JTC 1 N 7458, OASIS Application for JTC 1 PAS Submitter Status

 

“

From: Karl F. Best [karl.best@oasis-open.org]

Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 9:17 AM

To: Lisa Rajchel

Cc: Jameson, Scott K; Karen Higginbottom

Subject: Re: OASIS application for JTC1 PAS submitter status

Lisa:

OASIS expresses its appreciation for JTC1's approval of its request to become a PAS submitter,

and responds to France's and Japan's comments as

follows:

[France would like to ask OASIS to clarify its rules and procedures in order to enable

cooperation (e.g. by means of the current JTC 1 Liaison mechanisms)]

OASIS' policy in regards to forming liaisons is published at http://www.oasisopen.

org/committees/liaison_policy.php. This policy describes how both formal and informal

relationships are established between OASIS and other organizations, and between OASIS TCs and the committees or working groups of other organizations.

As described in the OASIS application for JTC1 PAS submitter status (17 June 2004) OASIS makes great efforts to establish relationships for the purpose of working with other organizations to promote interoperability and reduce duplication of effort. OASIS' application is evidence of this effort, as are our established liaisons with ISO/IEC JTC1 SC34, ISO TC 154 and the MoU

 

MG. We are also actively participating in the JTC1 Web Services Study Group.

 

[According to the subclause M6.1.1 of of JTC 1 Directives (5th edition),

application of PAS submitter has to be accompanied by an identification

of initial PAS(s). JTC1 N7458 has, however, no such information.

Therefore the national body of Japan requests OASIS to provide the

information on the initial PAS(s).]

OASIS technical committees are working on a number of specifications

related to Web Services, including application security, business

process, application framework, distributed management, notification,

reliable messaging, resource framework, remote portlets, and security.

Our intent is to submit work to other organizations such as JTC1 upon

their completion and approval under the OASIS Technical Committee

Process. A number of the above efforts are nearing completion. OASIS

will work with the JTC1 Web Services Study Group to prioritize its

submissions while being mindful of the JTC1 requirement to submit the

first document within six months of our approval as a PAS submitter.

-Karl

“

 

 

10   New IPR policy for OASIS

Tom sent out email:

-         Notification of Revised IPR Policy & New IPR Transition Policy] Tom Rutt 08 Feb 2005 15:58:34

 

    * From: James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>

    * To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org, tc-announce@lists.oasis-open.org

    * Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:55:54 -0800

 

     Please note the official announcement of our revised IPR policy [1],

which will become effective beginning 15 April 2005.  Details are available

at the link below.

 

~   James Bryce Clark

~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS

~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

 

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200502/msg00006.html

 

 

 

11   Discussion of Future Meetings

 

when is the next Face to face?

 

Jacques put in request to OASIS staff on the feasibility of two days f2f meeting at Symposium.

 

At Jan 11 meeting, we agreed to continue schedule of 90 minute teleconferences every two weeks, from, Feb 8, Feb 22, thru the end of march.

 

 



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]