Subject: [Fwd: Re: Can OASIS post the JTC1 Pas Papers]

I forward this response from Jamie Clark about the PAS progression
process and OASIS.

Tom Rutt
WSRM TC Chair

--- Begin Message ---
     Acknowledged.  I will inquire.
     Please note that submission to an outside group like ISO is possible
but requires some OASIS management approval.   (See the liasion policy at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#submitwork.)   If a
TC wants to recommend this to us, it might be a good first step to have the
TC adopt a motion or such to that effect.  The criteria -- on the OASIS
side, which on a timeline would precede any ISO criteria -- are listed in
that policy as well.
     I am aware of the acute interest that some members have in ending some
OASIS work to JTC1's panels which are populated in part by those
members.  There are other parts of ISO as well, so one of the open
questions is "why JTC1"?  .  It may well be a good idea to send items to
JTC1 -- but it's not a sure thing yet, and I am hesitant to encourage
people to get ahead of the process.  Which starts by somebody proposing it
to us.  Which hasn't happened yet so far as I know.
     Should I send essentially this message to the TC as well, or is all
that already obvious to them?
     Regards  Jamie

Tom Rutt at 10:07 AM 2/9/2005:
>Jamie:
>The WSRM TC is discussing the possible progression of ws-reliability thru
>the OASIS pas process.
>I, since I am a member of the US national body, downloaded three JTC1
>documents using
>their password protection:
>Jtc1 N7458 -OASIS pas application
>N7617 - Summary of Ballot responses granting OASIS Pas submitter
>N7633 OASIS answers to NB comments.
>I would like to have these documents available to the wsrm tc members.
>Can you see if JTC1 secretariat will let OASIS put these papers on our
>site, or give us a public url reference for them?
>Tom Rutt
>wsrm TC chair

>Tom Rutt        email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
>Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133

--- End Message ---