OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Full agenda for 3/08 Teleconference

The full agenda, with links, is attached.

Tom Rutt

Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133

Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – May 06, 2003

Full Agenda for WSRM TC Conference Call –March 08, 2005


The meeting of the WSRM  TC will take place by teleconference 

Tuesday, Mar 08 , 2005, from 5:30 to 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time


Conference Bridge number Toll only : 1-512-225-3050 Participant code: 716071



1         Draft Agenda:


    1 Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

    2 Roll Call

    3 Minutes Discussion

    3.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

    3.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes –

    4 Action Item Status Review

    5 Status of WS-Reliability Specification

    6 Interop SC Future activities

    7 Next Step Documentation

    7.1 Editorial Clarifications and Errata

    7.2 Implementation Guidelines

    7.2 Future Enhancement Requests

    8 Composability with other WS-Specs

    9 ws reliability PAS progression

    10 Discussion of Future Meetings


2         Roll Call



Meeting ?? quorate.


4         Minutes Discussion


Tom Rutt will take minutes.


4.1      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the 02/22 meeting (amended attendance list from prelim minutes) are posted at:



xx Moved to approve the 2/22  minutes, yy seconded.


?? opposition minutes 2.22  minutes ?? approved



5         Status of Action Items

5.1      Action 090704-1 (Tom) Pending


Action: Tom will try to find, from previous minutes, a list of features we have put off for future versions and will post it to the list for discussion.


5.2      Action 121404-2 (Anish) Closed


Action: Oracle will provide examples of soap header dumps with both ws-reliability and ws-addressing headers in use, as in the interop demo.


Anish posted email:

WSS and WS-Reliability header dumps  Anish Karmarkar 24 Feb 2005 23:22:27


5.3      Action 012505-1 (Tom Rutt) Pending


Action: Tom will investigate how to change the status of printed document.  The posted standard still states CD.


Continuing action, need standard number from OASIS staff

5.4      Action 020805-2 (Tom Rutt) open

Action: Tom will investigate how to post the three OASIS pas documents on our server.


Jamie Clark is investigating how to get the documents on the OASIS Site.

6         Status of WS-Reliability Specification


The public and member web site pages for the TC to have a single announcement, which refers by URL to spec and  schema at the proper location on the OASIS web site.







The spec at the above link itself still shows status a CD.


Tom posted an edited cover page for review at:



The chair sent an email to OASIS staff about getting an OASIS standard number:


Response from Jamie Clark, was forwarded to wsrm list and posted as:

[Fwd: Re: Just posted ... cover page ... WS-Reliability 1.1 Tom Rutt 7 Mar 2005 14:54:57


--- Begin Message ---


    * From: James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>

    * To: tom@coastin.com

    * Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 05:23:57 -0800


     Acknowledged.  Per comments on the [chairs] list, we are revising the

"2004nn" practice; we will revert (to the list) with an appropriate value

shortly.  JBC


At 11:37 AM 3/2/2005, Tom Rutt wrote:

>I just posted an edited cover page, for review by OASIS staff and the TC,




>OASIS Staff needs to provided the OASIS Standard number (e.g., 2004nn) for

>the cover and footer.

>Please send any comments to the wsrm list.

>Tom Rutt

>WSRM TC Chair



7         Interop SC Future activities

Discussion of Future activities for Interop SC

8         Next Step Documentation

The editied contribution from the Interop SC is posted as:



Comments have been requested on re-factoring this contribution into the three document types shown below.

8.1      Editorial Clarifications and Errata 

Clarifications, editorial nits, interpretations of the actual specification,

which should be posted for others to see


I received the following email from Steve Stewart:

Hi Tom


*RE: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/ws-reliability-1.1.xsd*


I think the above schema has a defect in it. If you search for ReplyPatterType you will find it. No 'n' at the end of Pattern. About line 122 as below.


<xsd:element name="Value" type="wsrm:ReplyPatterTypeValues"/>


Keep up the great standards work. It is excellent to see and absolutely critical for WS technology to succeed.


Kind regards




Corrected Schema (single typo adding “n” after “Patter” posted by Tom Rutt as:



There is now a need to post an errata indicating the simple typo.

8.2      Implementation Guidelines / Application Notes

Things to help implementers, which, would typically be specific to application environments.

8.3      Future Enhancement Requests

Proposed changes for future versions which would ease implementation or enhance protocol capabilities.

9         Composability with other WS-Specs


Task force was initated with members Jacques, Alan,  Abbie,. and Bob F.


Output document was posted by Jacques as:





10   WS-reliability PAS progression

Tom sent a mail to investigate how to post the three OASIS pas documents on our server.

Tom Sent an Email to OASIS Staff indicating the motion which passed at the Feb 22 teleconference.




From the minutes of our WSRM TC meeting on 2/22/2005, at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/11628/MinutesWSRMTC022205.htm



Bob M: I move that we ask the OASIS staff to pursue the PAS progression of WS-reliability.  Jeff M seconded.


No opposition, motion passed.


Action: tom will inform Jamie of this motion to get the ball rolling.



This mail is to inform you of this motion.


Perhaps the TC can help in the preparation of any necessary explanatory reports, if OASIS staff wants or help in this area.


Tom Rutt



No response has been received yet.

11   Discussion of Future Meetings


Tom reserved all day Thursday  and Friday Morning after the symposium for Our TC.


The hotel will supply a screen.


There will be a 30 dollar a day fee for attendees (there will be a meeting registration form).



12   New Business

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]