OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Preliminary Minutes WSRM TC Meeting 3/22/05


The Prelim Minutes are attached.

Please post corrections by the end of the week.

Tom Rutt

-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133


Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call May 06, 2003

Preliminary Minutes of WSRM TC Conference Call March 22, 2005

 

The meeting of the WSRM  TC will take place by teleconference 

Tuesday, Mar 08 , 2005, from 5:30 to 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

 

1         Draft Agenda:

 

    1 Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

    2 Roll Call

    3 Minutes Discussion

    3.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

    3.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes

    4 Action Item Status Review

    5 Status of WS-Reliability Specification

    6 Interop SC Future activities

    7 Next Step Documentation

    7.1 Editorial Clarifications and Errata

    7.2 Implementation Guidelines

    7.2 Future Enhancement Requests

8 Composability with other WS-Specs

    9 ws reliability PAS progression

    10 Discussion of Future Meetings

 

2         Roll Call

Attendance:

 

Last Name

Role

Company

Durand

Secretary

Fujitsu

Iwasa

Secretary

Fujitsu

Rutt

TC Chair

Fujitsu

Freund

Member

Hitachi

Nishiyama

Prosp Member

Hitachi

Yamamoto

Member

Hitachi

Tatemura

Member

NEC Corporation

Weissberger

Member

NEC Corporation

Barbir

Member

Nortel

Knight

Prosp Member

Nortel

Peel

Secretary

Novell

Karmarkar

Member

Oracle

mischkinsky

Member

Oracle

Wenzel

Member

SeeBeyond

Bunting

Secretary

Sun Microsystems

Granqvist

Member

Verisign

 

Meeting is quorate.

 

3         Minutes Discussion

 

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

 

3.1      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the 3/8 meeting (amended attendance list from prelim minutes) are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/11863/MinutesWSRMTC030805.htm

 

Bob F Moved to approve the 3/8  minutes, Anish seconded.

 

No opposition minutes 3/8 minutes approved

 

4         Status of Action Items

4.1      Action 090704-1 (Tom) Closed

 

Action: Tom will try to find, from previous minutes, a list of features we have put off for future versions and will post it to the list for discussion.

 

Completed:

Draft list of WS-Reliability Enhancement Requests  

 

4.2      Action 121404-2 (Anish) Open

 

Action: Oracle will provide examples of soap header dumps with both ws-reliability and ws-Security headers in use, as in the interop demo.

 

Anish posted email:

WSS and WS-Reliability header dumps Anish Karmarkar 24 Feb 2005 23:22:27

 

Anish may post some additional examples of other combinations.

 

4.3      Action 012505-1 (Tom Rutt) Pending

 

Action: Tom will investigate how to change the status of printed document.  The posted standard still states CD.

 

Continuing action, need standard number from OASIS staff

4.4      Action 020805-2 (Tom Rutt) open

Action: Tom will investigate how to post the three OASIS pas documents on our server.

 

Jamie Clark is investigating how to get the documents on the OASIS Site.

 

4.5      Action 030805-2 (Tom Rutt) closed

 

Tom took Action to produce drafts for the next step documents before the next meeting.

 

Action: Tom will provide a draft errata document, for review by the committee.

 

Completed:

Draft list of WS-Reliability Enhancement Requests  

WS-Reliability 1.1 Implementers Guide-ed0.1  

ws-Reliability 1.1 Errata: Editor's Draft 0.1  

 

5         Status of WS-Reliability Specification

 

The public and member web site pages for the TC to have a single announcement, which refers by URL to spec and  schema at the proper location on the OASIS web site.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/fnp-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/reference-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/ws-reliability-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/wsrmfp-1.1.xsd

 

The spec at the above link itself still shows status a CD.

 

Tom posted an edited cover page for review at:

EditedWS-ReliabilityCover  

 

The chair sent an email to OASIS staff about our need for an OASIS standard number to put in the edited cover page.

 

OASIS staff has not yet given WS-Reliability an OASIS standard Number.

 

Doug B stated that OASIS is working on the problem.

6         Interop SC Future activities

Discussion of Future activities for Interop SC:

 

Agreed to discuss the future of this group at the F2F.

7         Next Step Documentation

The edited contribution from the Interop SC is posted as:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/11196/InteropSCfeedback.pdf

 

Comments have been requested on re-factoring this contribution into the three document types shown below.

7.1      Editorial Clarifications and Errata 

Clarifications, editorial nits, interpretations of the actual specification,

which should be posted for others to see

 

ws-Reliability 1.1 Errata: Editor's Draft 0.1  

 

Bob stated the 2.13 errata needs some work. He will send his concerns out by email.

 

We should target a CD vote on this about the F2F time frame.

7.2      Implementation Guidelines / Application Notes

Things to help implementers, which, would typically be specific to application environments.

 

WS-Reliability 1.1 Implementers Guide-ed0.1  

 

Comment by email.

 

Bob: it introduces terms not in the spec, and is disconnect.

7.3      Future Enhancement Requests

Proposed changes for future versions which would ease implementation or enhance protocol capabilities.

 

Draft list of WS-Reliability Enhancement Requests  

 

Should schedule time at the f2f to go over this document.

 

Please send email additional enhancements to this working wish list.

 

Bob: some of these are deltas against the original requirements doc. Others are really new requests.

 

Tom: we should try to do a categorization of these at the F2F.

8         Composability with other WS-Specs

 

WS-Security Composition paper from Fujitsu, Hitachi and NEC:

WS-Reliabilty And WS-Security - First Draft  

 

Look this over and bring comments against it.

 

A Newer version of composability aspects was posted by Jacques as:

Composability Analysis (V0.5)

 

Jacques stated this is an editorial cleanup. He added references and did minor edits. Section 3 needs some more work and some figures to make it understandable

 

We should put on the agenda of the F2F.

 

Tom: there are discussions in W3C about the somewhat haphazard state of web service standards, and their lack of layering. This paper has a wider audience than just this TC.

 

Jacques: we have been playing catchup on composability, we need to make it more explicit what composability is. There is a need for more in depth definition of composability.

 

Tom: sometime soon we may want to ask for a wider review by other web service standards groups. He stated he would like to have a more polished document by the end of the F2F to send a reference to other groups for comment.

 

9         WS-reliability PAS progression

 

No response has been received yet from OASIS Staff regarding our request to pursue PAS progression of WS-Reliability 1.1.

10   Discussion of Future Meetings

 

Tom reserved all day Thursday and Friday Morning after the symposium for Our TC.

 

The hotel will supply a screen.

 

There will be a 30 dollar a day fee for attendees (there is a meeting registration form).

 

Action: Tom will check if there will be projectors available for the TC meeting.

11   New Business

 

Alan W stated there may be changes to the security composability document coming from the three companies. He suggested that people send in comments on the original document.

 

Alan moved to adjourn. Pete seconded.

 

Meeting adjourned at 6:06 PM EST.



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]