OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Prelim Minutes of TC meeint 5/31


Prelim minutes are attached.

Please post corrections to the list before the end of this week.

Tom Rutt
WSRM TC Chair

-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133


Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call May 06, 2003

Prelim Minutes for WSRM TC Conference Call May 31, 2005

 

The meeting of the WSRM  TC took place by teleconference 

Tuesday, May 17, 2005, from 5:30 to 6: PM Eastern Standard Time

 

1         Draft Agenda:

 

    1 Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

    2 Roll Call

    3 Minutes Discussion

    3.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

    3.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes

    4 Action Item Status Review

    5 Status of WS-Reliability Specification

6 Composability with other WS-Specs

7 WS-RX Gap Analysis

8 New business

 

2         Roll Call

Attendance:

First Name

Last Name

Role

Company

Jacques

Durand

Secretary

Fujitsu Limited*

Kazunori

Iwasa

Secretary

Fujitsu Limited*

Tom

Rutt

TC Chair

Fujitsu Limited*

Eisaku

Nishiyama

Voting Member

Hitachi

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

Voting Member

Hitachi

Alan

Weissberger

Voting Member

NEC Corporation*

Paul

Knight

Voting Member

Nortel

Mark

Peel

Secretary

Novell

Doug

Bunting

Secretary

Sun Microsystems*

Hans

Granqvist

Voting Member

VeriSign *

 

 

Meeting is quorate.

 

3         Minutes Discussion

 

Alan Volunteer to take minutes after 6, tom before 6..

 

3.1      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the 5/17 Teleconference meeting are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/12813/MinutesWSRMTC51705.htm

 

Alan Moved to approve the 5/17 minutes, Jacques seconded.

 

No opposition minutes 5/17 minutes are approved

 

 

4         Status of Action Items

4.1      Action 121404-2 (Anish) Open

 Action: Oracle will provide examples of soap header dumps with both ws-reliability and ws-Security headers in use, as in the interop demo.

Anish posted email:

WSS and WS-Reliability header dumps  Anish Karmarkar 24 Feb 2005 23:22:27

 Anish may post some additional examples of other combinations. Leave open

4.1      Action 012505-1 (Tom Rutt) Pending

Action: Tom will investigate how to change the status of printed document.  The posted standard still states CD.

Continuing action, sent newest version to OASIS Staff with Errata to post before last meeting. Still waiting for OASIS staff to post.

4.2      Action 042805-1 (Jacques Durand) Pending

Action: Jacques will post a new version of the composability analysis, to reflect discussions at the F2F meeting. Leave Open.

5         Status of WS-Reliability Specification

 

The public and member web site pages for the TC to have a single announcement, which refers by URL to spec and  schema at the proper location on the OASIS web site.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/fnp-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/reference-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/ws-reliability-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/wsrmfp-1.1.xsd

 

The spec at the above link itself still shows status a CD.

 

Tom posted a version with edited cover page with proper ID and status at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/12516/wsrm-ws_reliability-1.1-spec-os.pdf

 

We still await OASIS Staff to post it at the appropriate location.

 

An errata document was voted as CD at the F2F meeting and was posted at:

 

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/12518/wsrm-ws_reliability-v1.1-errata-cd1.0.pdf  

 

This is also still waiting to be posted at the proper location by the OASIS Staff.

 

6         Composability with other WS-Specs

 

WS-Security Composition paper from Fujitsu, Hitachi and NEC:

WS-Reliabilty And WS-Security - First Draft  

 

The latest version of composability aspects is posted as:

Composability Analysis (V0.5)

 

Jacques has an action item to post a version reflecting the f2f discussion.

 

Paul Knight stated Abbie might be interested in a contribution on composition with security.

 

 

 

 

 

7         WS-RX Gap Analysis

The WS-Reliability Requirements are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/3389/WS-Reliability_Requirements-2003-09-05a.pdf

 

The output of a task force effort was posted by Jacques at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/12898/Requirements-Analysis-WS-RM_WS-Reliability.doc

 

Discussion was opened on this document. At the last meeting we agreed that the TC would have a task force to work on the gap analysis, and that the output of the task force will be contributed by individual members to the WS-RX TC.

 

Jacques reviewed the current document. Rather than using the requirements as a basis, the task force decided it would be better to compare the features directly between the two specs. These differences in features lead to discussion of Use cases illustrating the differences.

 

Jacques stated that the requirements are not detailed enough to raise the discussion to the level of comparing features.

 

Tom: I am not sure we need to have a separate document based on the ws-reliability requirements.

 

Alan: I would like to add that the use cases in this document are not reflected in the requirements, but which could have been put into the implementers guide.

 

Tom asked what the TC should do with this document.

 

Jacques stated that feedback on this document is welcome from TC members. I would like to have some editorial closure before making it widely available.

 

Tom: members should provide comments on the list, and we can discuss the document at the next meeting, and decide at that meeting if we need to give the document any status.

 

Tom: discussion on this document should be on the entire list.

 

Alan I hope we get comments from members on style, format and content.

 

8         New Business

 

Jacques brought up the question of interop for composability.

 

Open call is still out, but nobody has answered.

 

Oracle stated the are not interested.

 

Chair moved to adjourn, Paul Knight seconded.

 

 



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]