Subject: Full agenda for Tuesday Nov 29 TC meeting

The full agenda with links is attached for Today's OASIS WSRM TC teleconf.

Title: Full Agenda for WSRM TC Conference Call –June 14, 2005

Full Agenda WSRM TC Conference Call –Nov 29, 2005

The meeting of the WSRM  TC will take place by teleconference

Time         Tuesday, 29 November 2005, 05:30pm to 06:30pm ET

Description            Host: Fujitsu

Toll only : 1-512-225-3050

Participant code: 375491

1          Draft Agenda:

1) review agenda

2) Roll Call

3) Minutes approval

4) Action Items

5) Discussion of WSRX using WS-RM as Product name

6) Discussion of potential TC future activities

8) New Business

2          Roll Call

Attendance:

?? Meeting was quorate.

3          Minutes Discussion

Tom Rutt Volunteered to take minutes.

3.1       Approval of previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the 10/04 teleconference meeting are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/15420/MinuteswsrmTC110105.htm

xx Moved to approve the 11/01  minutes, yy  seconded.

?o opposition minutes 11/01  minutes ?? approved

4          Status of Action Items

4.1       Action 012505-1 (Tom Rutt) Pending

OASIS Staff has posted the errata cd as:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/ws-reliability/v1.1/wsrm-ws_reliability-v1.1-errata-cd1.0.pdf

However, on the posted standard the errata index is referenced as as:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrm/documents/errata/1.1/index.html.

The errata Index still does not yet exist.

The action item will stay open until the errata index page is posted.

4.2       Action 110105-1 (Tom Rutt) Closed

Action: Tom will find out from Jamie what a TC does when it wants to go into maintenance only mode.

Jamie stated that there is not “mothball” status for TCs, however a TC can have two meetings a year, if it wishes to stay active in a limited capacity (such as resolution of defect reports).

5          Discussion of WS-RX TC use of WS-RM as Product name

Mail from Jamie Clark, OASIS staff:

120229

use of "wsrm" in docs. oasis-open.org namespace

James Bryce Clark

03 Nov 2005 18:30:05

     Recently another OASIS committee, the WS-RX TC, suggested that they

use the partial namespace:

         [docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/...]

for final versions of documents.  The WS-RX TC is producing work

tentatively entitled "WS Reliable Messaging", to which the character string

"wsrm" was intended to point.

     I informed them that the foregoing namespace was reserved for your TC,

and that in our document handling at OASIS, the first token space

immediately after the domain generally is populated from a controlled

vocabulary of the official TC short names.  So, for example, your OASIS

standard is located at:

         [docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/ws-reliability/v1.1/...]

'

where "wsrm" is your TC name token, and "ws-reliability" is the product

(spec) name token.

     Some members of the WS-RX TC indicated a desire to use the following

possible alternative approach:

         [docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/....]

where "wsrm" would indicate a product name, not a TC.  As you may recall,

at this time, documents are uploaded to the [docs.oasis-open.org] space

only by OASIS staff action.   So staff approval of the correct URI is a

practical precondition to any upload.  I informed the WS-RX TC that, if we

received requests from them to upload to a URI of that kind, OASIS staff

would inquire whether your TC (as user of the "wsrm" token) had any

objection to it being used in a different context.

     Objections from your TC would not necessarily be determinative, but

would be a factor about which we'd want be aware, before acting.  I see

that you discussed but did not adopt a TC position on this issue at your

recent TC meeting.  We would appreciate being advised of the views of such

TC members as wish to express an opinion, formally or informally.

     Thanks and regards  JBC

~   James Bryce Clark

~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS

~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

6          Discussion of Potential Future TC activites

The working list of potential enhancements to WS-Reliability was posted after the last f2f as:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/12436/wsReliabityFutureFeatures.htm

6.1       Reliable Request Response

On 9/19/2003, a paper was posted to the wsrm mailing list, edited by Jacques

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/email/archives/200309/msg00053.html

After review, the TC mail list can be used to comment in this paper, as to its continued relevance to TC future activities.

6.2       Mothballing a TC

Jamie Clark told Tom Rutt that there is no “mothball” status for TCs, however a TC can have two meetings a year, if it wishes to stay active in a limited capacity (such as resolution of defect reports).

7          New Business