OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: prelim minutes for2/20 tc meeting


:Prelim minutes are attached

Post correction to list before next monday


-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133



Title: Minutes WSRM TC Conference Call 2/6/07

Minutes WSRM TC Conference Call Feb 20, 2007

 

5:30 6:30 PM EDT.

 

Textual Conventions

 

  Action Item

Motion

    Resolution

1          Draft Agenda:

Agenda

1.      review agenda

2.      Roll Call

3.      Minutes approval

4.      Action Items

5        Review Application Notes Draft for Intelligent appliances

6        Discusssion of IPR Transition and committee future

7        New Business

 

2          Roll Call

Attendance: 

 

First Name

Last Name

Role

Company

Jacques

Durand

Secretary

Fujitsu Limited*

Kazunori

Iwasa

Voting Member

Fujitsu Limited*

Tom

Rutt

Chair

Fujitsu Limited*

Robert

Freund

Voting Member

Hitachi, Ltd.*

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

Voting Member

Hitachi, Ltd.*

Paul

Knight

Voting Member

Nortel Networks Limited*

Anish

Karmarkar

Voting Member

Oracle Corporation*

Pete

Wenzel

Voting Member

Sun Microsystems

Meeting is quorate

 

1          Minutes Discussion

 

Tom Rutt volunteered to take minutes.

 

1.1       Approval of previous meeting minutes

 

The minutes of the Feb 06 teleconference meeting are posted at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/22533/MinutesWsrmTC-020607R1.htm

 

Paul K moved to approve the Feb 06 minutes, Bob F seconded.

 

No opposition Feb 06 minutes are approved

 

2          Status of Action Items

Action 1: Jacques will post CD for application notes on web site.

Still open

3          Discussion of Application Notes for Information Appliances

Draft Application Notes From Iwasa posted as: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/22477/Draft-ApplicationNotesforInformationAppliances0.9.02.pdf

 

Iwasa gave an overview of the contents of the document.

 

Anish: I had a problem reading the document because it requires Japanese language support.

 

Pete: I noticed as well

 

Tom:I have fonts in adobe so ii is ok , another pdf reader has lot missing.

 

Tom: what is the project SPIA which produced this spec.

 

Iwasa this came from SPIA Forum Reliable Web services message sig. They want to describe how ws rel can be used for Information appliance area.

 

Iwasa: there is a use to contol information appliance with other services.

 

Tom: is this an output from this organization.

 

Iwasa: this is not the final document, but this is the current output from the project.

 

Iwasa: the Japanese document has been finalized document.

 

Jacques: in every TC homepage there is a section for external resources. This is for work produced by other groups, but are of interest for people using the spec. What Iwasa posted seems like a usage profile. EBXML has usage profiles defined, but they are done outside the EBXML group. They publish them on an implementation committee site. What I see here is known as a usage profile. It is always useful for users of spec to access such usage profiles. However this is industry specific, and the TC might not feel comfortable to approve such work. However we could mention such work on this section.

 

Paul K: this sounds like a reasonable way to go with this, to refer to it.

 

Jacques: what would Iwasa see as the disposition of this work. Does he want it to be an application note?

 

Iwasa: I personally agree to refer to the document in the external organization. However the group agree to submit the document to TC for some status in OASIS TC. I should convince the SPIA to this new idea of referring to this document

 

Tom: they could also start an oaisi tc on this profile, as an industry specific profile.

 

Anish: is this a general profile.

 

Iwasa: it is specific to information applicance

 

Anish: I think we should refer to it, as onother bodies work. It is ouside our charet

 

Tom: could this group provide a englisgh translation.

 

Iwasa: I expect an englisth translation by middle or march.

 

Tom: could they post the English translation for our reference.

 

Iwasa: I can check on this.

 

Tom will anything be ready in two weeks.

 

Iwasa: by March 2

 

Action: Iwasa will post translation of the SPIA published profile before the next meeting on March 6.

4          Discussion of IPR Transition and Committee Future

We are talking about dissolving the tc before the IPR transition deadline.

Teleconf on March 20 to finalize the tC.

5          New Business

Bob F moved to adjourn Iwasa seconded

 

Meeting adjourned at 6:03 PM EST.

 



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]