OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Full Agenda for 4/10 teleconference of wsrm TC

Attached is the full agenda for the wsrm tc meeting on 4/10/2007

Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133

Title: Full Aenda WSRM TC Conference Call –4/10/07

Full Agenda WSRM TC Conference Call – Apr 10, 2007


5:30 – 6:30 PM EDT.


Textual Conventions


US toll free: 866-760-1934
intl: 1-517-233-9562
participant: 2426197


Ψ  Action Item


§    Resolution

1          Draft Agenda:


1.      review agenda

2.      Roll Call

3.      Minutes approval

4.      Action Items

5.      Consider Draft Deployment Template Document as Candidate CD

5        Review Draft Application Notes for Intelligent appliances

6        Discusssion mechanics of committee future

7        New Business


Bob: sent in 9 issues relative to the documents, template or profile.


Agreed to discuss at appropriate time.

2          Roll Call


Meeting is quorate


3          Minutes Discussion


Tom Rutt volunteered to take minutes.


3.1       Approval of previous meeting minutes


The minutes of the April 3 teleconference meeting (with Iwasa correction) are posted at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/23451/MinutesWsrmTC-040307R1.htm


xx  moved to approve the April 3 minutes,  yy seconded.


?? opposition April 3 minutes ?? approved


1          Status of Action Items

Action 1: Jacques to arrange for OASIS staff to post CD 01 for application notes correct OASIS url. – done

available here:





as well as here:






Action 2 on Tom is update public site to ensure it has up to date links.open. –

Added links to errata, app notes, and Intap external reference link for profile for information appliances


Action: Jacques and Iwsasa to consult OASIS staff about IPR discussion. – Iwasa will distribute mail from OASIS staff. –done




I had the following action item today's telecon:

> Action: Jacques to consult OASIS staff about IPR discussion. - Open  Iwasa

will distribute mail from OASIS staff.


Here is the e-mail from Jamie.

I believe the concern is resolved.






----- Original Message -----

From: "James Bryce Clark" <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>

To: "Durand, Jacques R." <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com>

Cc: <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>; <tom@coastin.com>; "iwasa"


Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:47 AM

Subject: Re: Process questions for WSRM TC



>    Hello Jacques. I am in Dublin at CEFACT but have seen the

> correspondence.  Under the 1999 OASIS IPR Policy, which I believe

> applies to that TC, an OASIS member is welcome to contribute work

> from others, as long as it (the contributing OASIS member)

> understands that it is, itself, making the assurance under our

> policy that the work is available for use, in the manner our rules

> require and with any necessary disclosures.  (There are quite a few

> examples, including , BPEL4WS v1.1 and some Liberty Alliance work,

> that were originated  *from* a group of entities not all being OASIS

> members .... This was no problem, because in each case the OASIS

> members who made the contribution were responsible for assuring that

> the contribution satisfied all OASIS input rules.

>    So, by posting this to the TC, Fujitsu is offering its assurance

> that (a) the contribution is permitted by INTAP and its various

> originators/owners, and (b) it will be available to OASIS and

> implementers on the terms required by OASIS' 1999 Policy;  and (c)

> any required disclosures of claim are made (if indeed any are

> necessary).

>    As to (c), please note that (as we've discussed) it's been

> acceptable to OASIS in the past to carry forward the pre-existing

> copyright notices of other organizations.  See, for example,

> copyright notices in the OASIS UDDI v3.x standards.  You noted to me

> that INTAP retains no claim in the work to be contributed:  but it

> certainly could retain its own copyright notice if it wishes,

> without undermining the rights OASIS acquires to

> reuse/reprint/derive from it under our policy.


>    Please feel free to inquire further if needed.  It's our

> assumption that Fujitsu (and INTAP) are aware of and satisfied with

> the effects of our policy.

>    Of course, the TC's decision thereafter, to approve it or use it

> in any way, is entirely a question for the TC.

>    Regards  JBC


> ~ James Bryce Clark

> ~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS

> ~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org


> Durand, Jacques R. wrote:

>   > Just a reminder we would like to double-check with you that the

> > WSRM TC can accept this contribution from an org (INTAP) that is

> > not OASIS member, without problem.

> > - The goal is to reuse material from this INTAP contribution in a

> > coming Committee draft.

> > ***

> > Here is a copy of the letter from INTAP rep, to WSRM TC chair: ***


2          Discussion on Issues List for Draft Deployment Profile Template Document and Draft Information Appliance Profile

Iwasa posted an issues list at:



The base Template Candidate CD refered to in the "T" issues in the list is:




The base Proposed CD for Information appliance profile, referred to in

the "P" issues in the list is:



Proposed issue resolutions and modified documents posted by Iwasa as:



3          Discussion of Progression of Draft CD Deployment Profile Template


4          Discussion of Progression of Draft CD Deployment Profile for Information Appliances


5          Discussion of Committee Closure


6          New Business

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]