wsrp-comment message

Subject: [wsrp-comment] Re: [wsia-comment] [wsrp][wsia][interfaces][wsrp-wsiajoint interfaces] Discussion o utline for face2face

We should probably kick off a discussion of the relative importance of the
criteria Rex outlined (thanks Rex!)

My order (basically critical success factors ranked higher than
functionally required criteria):
 - Functionality => why would developers/vendors care if it must be
extended by each environment in order to be useful.
 - Flexibility => if the standard can't be used on common platforms/tools,
it will fail to be adopted.
 - Performance => page load time is a major success factor on the web
 - Privacy => (Includes security) Critical for many targetted applications,
but not all
 - Simplicity => make adoption as easy as possible
 - Expressiveness => Both the mentioned tooling and advanced WSIA use cases
require this
 - Modularity => We are working on the first of these
 - Extensibility => breaking the inherently extensible WSDL model would be
a bad thing

                      Alan Kropp
                      <akropp@epicentri        To:       wsia-comment@lists.oasis-open.org,
                      c.com>                    wsrp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
                                               cc:
                      06/19/2002 08:12         Subject:  [wsia-comment] [wsrp][wsia][interfaces][wsrp-wsia joint
                      PM                        interfaces] Discussion o   utline for face2face

As we  discussed in the last joint interfaces call, here is my draft of the
outline to  guide the discussions during next week's f2f on interface
issues.

#### joint interfaces f2f discussion.htm has been removed from this note on
June 20 2002 by Rich Thompson
#### joint interfaces f2f discussion.doc has been removed from this note on
June 20 2002 by Rich Thompson