wsrp-comment message

Subject: [wsrp-comment] Carsten's PPT and Persistent Entities

Hi Folks,

I was on the phone for much of Carsten's presentation, but I missed
quite a bit too, and when I asked if it could be made available,
Michael seemed to indicate that instructions were in his email of
final instructions, but there doesn't appear to be a url for the ppt
file itself which is what I want. It is also apparently not available
yet through the wsrp website So if it could be sent as an attachment
to either wsrp-comment or wsia/wsia-comment, I would appreciate it.

I had no problem seeing the slides on the web, but the software
doesn't seem about to save it for me.

In the discussion about the nature of persistent entity I chose not
to interject because there was more than enough different
interpretations floating around without me adding my previous
understanding, so I thought I would include it here.

I have thought (past tense) of persistent entities as the
configuration of portlets from a single producer which a consumer
requests. The request for a persistent entity is occasioned by a need
for a specific set of WSIA Services or WSRP Portlets. It is the
scoped set or a user-specific session set that comprises a transient
entity because the data values (usually) are volatile and therefore
peculiar to a time-limited scope or session.  Now, I'm not sure. I
can see where some data values other than portlet/service properties
may be persistent even if they are specific to a user session.

Ciao,
Rex