wsrp-comment message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-comment] Public Comment

Agreed,

we plan to have a security technote addressing this issues.
The purpose of this technote will be to address the security use cases we
identified already and to try to give guidance how the various security
standards can be used in conjunction with WSRP.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Team Lead & Technical Lead
WSRP Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             comment-form@oasi
             s-open.org
             07/05/2005 06:24          wsrp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [wsrp-comment] Public Comment
               richard.perks

Comment from: richard.perks@bea.com

Name: Richard Perks
Title: Principal Consultant
Regarding Specification: WSRP 2.0

In a WSRP architecture involving producers from different vendors, how is
security performed?

The 1.0 specification does not account for security and we (BEA) have our
own SAML implementation for propagating a users identity to the producer.
For a heterogeneous producer architecture, what are the options?  I can't
see we have one in v1.0.

For 2.0, the specification also seems vague.  It defers to using other web
service standards but doesn't really mandate anything as far as I can tell.
We could assume everyone would adopt WS-Security, but will this be
consistent across vendors?  If the specification does not mandate the
specific rules for WS-Security (token type, auth method etc) then this will
lead to an interoperability issue.