wsrp-comment message

Subject: Recommendation for Tying the WSRP 2.0 release to the JSR 286 release

Dear Sirs,

I recommend the WSRP TC to tie the WSRP 2.0 release to the JSR 286
release. I believe that not tying WSRP 2.0 to JSR 286 and doing this via
2.1 or extensions is not going to be effective. Tying WSRP 2.0 to JSR
286 will end up delaying the WSRP 2.0 release, however do you really
think there would be critical mass around WSRP 2.0 before JSR 286 is
released anyhow? From a practical point of view, WSRP and the Java
Portlet Specification are twin brothers or sisters (though not identical
twins) that should grow together and mature together. I would adamantly
recommend you to repeat the nice WSRP 1.0/JSR 168 story.

Thank you,
Mete Kural