wsrp-conformance message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-conformance] [AS009] xsi:type attribute on extensions element

agree

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Rich             |
|         |           Thompson/Watson/I|
|         |           BM@IBMUS         |
|         |           06/13/2003 07:03 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsrp-conformance@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-conformance] [AS009] xsi:type attribute on extensions element                                                              |

Seeing the extensions element in a message David Ward posted the other day
set off bells about type specification. Both CS009 (Each such extension
MUST declare its type using the schema-defined "type" attribute) and AS009
(Every time an extension element appears in a WSRP message, it shall use
the xsi:type attribute to declare its type) are a bit to vague. I would
propose changing AS009 to:

"Every time an extension element appears in a WSRP message, its child
element shall use the xsi:type attribute to declare its type".

This make it explicit where the type information is to go and is consistent
with the definition of xsi:type (provides the type for the element where it
is specified).

Rich Thompson