wsrp-conformance message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-interop] follow-up: templates

Title: RE: [wsrp-interop] follow-up: templates

Yes, I favour 3 as it works for unexpected as well as expected {} token. Query strings such as ?a=x&b=&c=z look strange so "" does not seem a natural choice.

Also, custom modes & window states are constrained by the values negotiated and nav and interaction state are opaque to the consumer.

regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Jacob [mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com]
Sent: 07 November 2003 16:25
To: wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: wsrp-conformance@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp-interop] follow-up: templates

I wanted to add a question on the topic discussed yesterday on both calls
about token replacement found in templates (sorry for crossposting):
Does the producer/portlet need to replace all tokens in a template when
generating URLs?
I think we said yes but might replace them with empty strings.
What in the case of {wsrp-mode} or {wsrp-windowState}? For example a render
template like: http://bla.com/here?mode={wsrp-mode}&ws
={wsrp-windowState}....

I see the follwing options here:
1. producer replaces with the mode it wants to "change" to (might be the
current mode), could be one of the valid wsrp-modes or a custom-mode
2. producer replaces with "" (blank), like suggested in yesterdays call.
In this case we have an interpretation-issue on the consumer side when
processing these URLs.
Does a "" mode name mean a mode name containing of an empty string? In this
case the conumer might not know this mode (abviously) and map it to view.
Or does a "" mode mean, no change requested, stay in current mode? The
second one seems to be what the portlet wants in that case.
3. producer does not replace at all
Here the consumer needs to check while processing the URL that the mode
{wsrp-mode} was a template-non-change and interpret this as "stay in
current mode".

2 & 3 imply that "" and "{wsrp-mode}" are reserved mode strings and are not
allow to use for mode names (don't think one would ever want to name modes
that way :-) )

I think 1 is the cleanest one, others seem to impose various interpretation
possibilities.

It seems that the Citrix Producer chooses 3. for all replacement tokens in
templates in such cases?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob