wsrp-conformance message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-conformance] WSRP Conformance statements

CS186: The Consumer is only required to send deregister and destroyPortlets requests when it is cleaning up (no change from v1).

CS188: Thanks for catching this

CS196: Not being able to reuse the types is a bit too strong (consider both using use of xsd:string, for example). Would everyone agree that the intent of "overlap" is redundant semantics? if so, we can work on the wordsmithing.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

06/02/05 10:23 AM

wsrp-conformance@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [wsrp-conformance] WSRP Conformance statements

Some comments inline.

Regards,

Subbu

Rich Thompson wrote:

> Having extracted these statements, I would suggest some rewording so
> that they can stand on their own better (changes in this color):
>
> _CS180:_ The optional portletHandles parameter provides a means for a
> Consumer to restrict the set of Portlets for which it is requesting
> *getServiceDescription *return information. When the Consumer does not
> supply this parameter, the Producer MUST return a portletDescription for
> each of the “Producer Offered Portlets” the Consumer has access to
> through the supplied registrationContext
>
> _CS186:_ If the nillable response from this
> operation*getRegistrationLifetime* is nil, then scheduled destruction is
> not in use for this registration and the Consumer MUST use the
> *deregister* operation to destroy the registration

Just to make sure I'm reading too deap into this, the Consumer is never
required to send deregister or destroyPortlets requests. Right?

> _CS188:_ If the nillable response from this
> operation*getPortletLifetime* is nil, then scheduled destruction is not
> in use for this registration and the Consumer MUST use the
> *destroyPortlets* operation to destroy the registration

Should read "If the nillable response from this
operation getPortletLifetime is nil, then scheduled destruction is not
in use for this portlet and the Consumer MUST use the
destroyPortlets operation to destroy the portlet". The current text is
referring to registration and not portlets.

> _CS189:_ When not returning a fault, the Producer MUST return exactly
> one entry in its response for each entry in the request to *copyPortlets*.
>
> _CS191:_ When not returning a fault, the Producer MUST return exactly
> one entry in its response for each entry in the request to
> *exportPortlets*.
>
> _CS196:_ Overlap of extension elements with the fields defined in the
> containing structure SHOULD be voided.

Could we reword this to say that "Implementations SHOULD NOT use types
used within the containing structure as extension elements." It is not
clear what overlap means.