wsrp-coord message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-coord] Events vs StateChanges

Title: RE: [wsrp-coord] Events vs StateChanges
I am not sure I am following you.
I think it is OK the say that a consumer (that does events) that receives an event NS:X MUST forward it to all portlets (in the same context) that subscribe to event NS:X.
Event mapping only comes into play when the inbound and outbound events are different.
The number of subscribed portlets is really not important here. As I said, event mapping should not be a part of WSRP, it is just that WSRP should allow/help portals to do event mapping if they want to, with any mechanism they choose.
When a portlet fires an event, he has no knowledge which portlets will receive it. When a portlet receives an event, it does not know where it came from (at least in the strict sense, there may be a parameter indicating the source of the event). The model should be decoupled.

    Yossi.
-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Kramer [mailto:andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 2:02 PM
To: wsrp-coord@lists.oasis-open.org

Your example of a potlet taking in event A and raising event B and a consumer transforming events may differ when more than one portlet subscribes to event A. I.e. does a consumer filter all events before they are raised to portlets or not? That's they type of question we need to address.

regards,
Andre