wsrp-coord message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-coord] Events vs StateChanges

Hi Alejandro,

I was just going with Sports Portal Scenario that Aditi wrote and Rich offered as the main use case for the group.
I believe I can make each of these points in a business scenario as well, I will try to write something if I have the time until Wednesday, but it will certainly not be a full blown use case document.

	Yossi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alejandro Abdelnur [mailto:Alejandro.Abdelnur@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 3:54 AM
To: wsrp-coord@lists.oasis-open.org

I'm not sure on the validity of the use case or how realistic it is.

* Portlet showing a streaming data: We need a plugin to show this in
the user-agent, remember the portlet generates markup.

* User clicking on passing car: We need the previous streaming data to
send coordinates+carInfo. We need previous plugin to pop to markup
object model the info about the car. We need some scripting to collect
this info from the object model. We need to push that info back to the
consumer, using a portlet created URL.

This will make the user-agent to request a new portal page, losing
current streaming data.

IMO, this is solved by other technologies, not WSRP.

As many of the TC members are from ISVs companies (CRMs, ERPs, CMs,
etc), could be possible to get a real and simple business use case. I
don't know, for example something like a shopping cart portlet
interacting with a inventory portlet and a catalog portlet.

Thanks.

Alejandro