wsrp-coord message

Subject: RE: [wsrp-coord] A few questions regarding the current semantics doc

Currently, I think it’s a three step process:

  1. pbia() call to create the event
  2. handleEvents() call to distribute the event
  3. getMarkup() calls to render the portlets

The data use case suggests that this can possibly be reduced to a one step through a new form of non-opaque state shared amongst all portlets on the page.  This state is carried within a request parameter within the “sales region” URL’s.  The parameter is then set within a field on the MarkupParams.  This form of sharing would reduce the process to only the getMarkup() call.

I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean when you say, “The assumption here is that all the portlets in the page are equal, so you can not assume the “change sales region” is somehow especially “near” the consumer.”  Could you clarify?

Scott