wsrp-dev message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-dev] IBM WebSphere Portal and BEA Portal

Transferring security information is not a WSRP function. From your
description, I would suggest exploring what WS-Security means for
transferring the end-user authentication are interoperable between the two
installations.
Rich

Espen Kjølberg <espen_kjolberg_2001@yahoo.no>
12/12/2006 03:55 AM

wsrp-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
cc

Subject
[wsrp-dev] IBM WebSphere Portal and BEA Portal

  We are trying to set up a WSRP communication between WebSphere Portal
(producer) and a BEA Portal (consumer). This works very well when it
comes to add remote portlets in BEA Portal and navigate in the different
portlets.

 The challenge concerns security. The authentication of the end user
is done in the BEA Portal (consumer) and to the WebSphere Portal
(producer) we would like to send a SAML token or other some means for the
producer to trust the authentication already been performed. The question
is how to send this information from the consumer to the producer? Is
this possible with WSRP 1.0 or will first be possible with WSRP 2.0 and
handleEvents?

  All comments on this issue are most appreciated!

Regards Espen

Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og notisblokk.