wsrp-dev message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-dev] What is interaction state?

Suppose a particular interaction needs a parameter which is known when the
markup is being generated (i.e. not one supplied by the user). If the
interaction is sourced off a form, such items are often placed in hidden
fields such that they get sent when the action is activated. In many ways,
interactionState provides the equivalent functionality for any of the
other ways in which the action could be activated (button, hyperlink, etc)
by encoding the information into this field.

Rich Thompson
OASIS WSRP TC Chair
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center / Hawthorne, NY