wsrp-dev message

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [wsrp-dev] What is interaction state?

Since this is specific to the interaction with the portlet, a reasonable
approach for Producer support is to provide a means by which the portlet
can indicate the items to encode as interactionState and then on
activation make these items available to the portlet again in a manner
consistent with the overall interfaces between the Portlet and Producer. I
would note that there is a significant overlap with navigationalState ...
the key difference is that interactionState is scoped to the
performBlockingInteraction invocation. These same considerations also
apply to the resourceState field, introduced in v2, which is scoped to a
getResource invocation.

Rich Thompson
OASIS WSRP TC Chair
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center / Hawthorne, NY