wsrp-dev message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-dev] Re: WSRP v1 Markup Service port name

The following statement was added to section 14 seeking to address this
question:

Producers SHOULD use a single wsdl file with distinct service elements for
their v1 and v2 support if they support artifacts, such as
registrationHandle or portletState, being used with all operations
regardless of the version of the standard defining that operation and
SHOULD use separate wsdl files for specifying support for different
versions of WSRP when artifacts are usable only within the operations
defined by a specific version of the WSRP standard.

So the answer depends on whether artifacts can cross the v1/v2 boundary
without causing problems. I suspect they normally will be able to cross
this boundary and the question then becomes one more of style than
substance (and people will choose both answers ...).

Rich Thompson
OASIS WSRP TC Chair
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center / Hawthorne, NY