Subject: [wsrp-interfaces] Re: [wsrp][wsia][wsrp-wsia joint itnerfaces] Actions

Carsten,
    Thanks. I think I have been a little too harsh in saying I don't understand "actions".  I understand the basic intent of actions, and your
summary reinforces it.  However, I recognize that "actions" aren't currently modeled in the web application programming world.  However, a developer
could certainly mimic the separation of data processing from rendering within such an environment.  I ask myself why shouldn't a JSP programmer be
able to write a portlet?  Actions potentially restrict this (and they certainly do in the JSR 168 definition).  Because of all this I tend to start
with the point of view the simplest/generic portlet only needs getFragment.  I am looking to understand/define when to tell these developers that
they must move/use actions.  I prefer this is not whenever you need to process data -- as this is something that is currently commonly done in
getFragment (web programming).
   -Mike-