Subject: RE: [wsia] [wsrp-interfaces] redirectURL field in InteractionResp onsedata structure

Hi Rich,

If you don't like the semantics of "send" then you must also not like the semantics of "redirect", right?

	Yossi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 3:54 PM
To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org; wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsia] [wsrp-interfaces] redirectURL field in
InteractionResp onse data structure

Good points.

I'm not sure "send" has the right semantics though as the _user_ isn't
really sent the URL. How about  "the entity would like the user to view a
different URL"? This carries the semantics of viewing the contents of the
URL rather than the URL itself, but separates from the question of what
does it mean to view this particular form of URL.

                      "Tamari, Yossi"
                      <yossi.tamari@sap        To:       wsia@lists.oasis-open.org, wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org
                      .com>                    cc:
                      08/06/2002 08:31          InteractionResp      onse data structure
                      AM

Hi Rich,

I would say "the entity would like to _send_ the user a different URL"
since the URL may point to a zip file for downloading for example.
I agree that we should not define how the portal handles this URL, though I
do think there are use cases for displaying the result in place of the
current content (for example this is a URL that builds a map image to
display instead of the portlet's content).

             Yossi.