Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] RE: [wsrp-markup] [wsrp][markup] Aug 14 Con fCall Minutes

Hello,

Sorry for the first partial reply.

As a customer, I have been concerned with the statement:

"some compliant producers will not be able to work with some compliant consumers."

Now, it appears that it will become even more complex to determine if a given producer-consumer pairs will work together. If we continue using this philosophy, WSRP becomes less useful relative to our requirements. Am I overreacting?

Take care.

Joe Rudnicki
Department of Navy Chief Information Officer Representative to WSRP

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamari, Yossi [mailto:yossi.tamari@sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 8:52 AM
To: WSRP-Markup
Cc: wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org

Regarding attachments (SOAP vs. DIME):
If we define three binding factors: SOAP attachments, DIME, and none, and we define that a producer may choose which ones it supports, and we define that a consumer does not have to support all three, then why do we require the consumer to support either DIME or SOAP? We are already saying that some compliant producers will not be able to work with some compliant consumers, so what's the point?
I suggest we only require every consumer and producer to support the non-attachment binding, and make the others optional optimizations.

    Yossi.