Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] State change in getMarkup?

Hi Alan.

1. Yes I am talking of the simple (stateless) Consumer that Mike talked
about at the F2F. If we plan to support such a consumer I wonder what
happens to the sessionID as such a consumer would not be capable of
handling state that's modified during the rendering phase. If the sessionID
would be modified only during action processing then such a consumer could
store it and pass it back according to the spec. But isn't this ability to
return the sessionID in getMarkup a break in our concept?

2. I think that we are talking about different type of states. The JSR 168
defines that the window state or portlet mode can only me altered in the
action method. However in the WSRP scenario he have the notion of
navigational state that is marshalled back to the consumer. This portion of
the conversational state contains transient information. This portion of
state can be modified in the service method according to JSR168.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

|         |           Alan Kropp       |
|         |           <akropp@epicentri|
|         |           c.com>           |
|         |           08/20/2002 02:48 |
  |       To:       Carsten Leue/Germany/IBM@IBMDE, interfaces <wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org>                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp-interfaces] State change in getMarkup?                                                              |