Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Groups - versioning.htm uploaded

Yes, I'll note the need to parse our naming scheme (I only said we have mean to do this). I should also add that our namespaces prevent simple version miss-matches and that UDDI is (and other registry mappings also are) likely to also tag our services with versioning info.

When we add proposed solutions we could also say how issues raised where resolved, e.g in an email thread such as this.

regards,
Andre
-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 22 January 2004 14:27
To: wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org

Andre,

Would you agree that the problem statement needs to capture that the only means of determining the version today is a parse of our idiosyncratic binding and portType names?

I wonder if the simpler features (i.e. all the add field types) would benefit by having a proposed solutions section. This would capture into this summary document how the feature owner understands what people have proposed and potentially the pros and cons of each. For presenting to the larger group, this could facilitate rapid decision making.

Rich

Andre.Kramer@eu.citrix.com

01/22/2004 09:17 AM

wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[wsrp-interfaces] Groups - versioning.htm uploaded

The document versioning.htm has been submitted by Andre Kramer (Andre.Kramer@eu.citrix.com) to the WSRP Interfaces SC document repository.

Document Description:

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interfaces/download.php/5134/versioning.htm

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interfaces/document.php?document_id=5134

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste