Subject: Please investigate your WS-Security support

For next Wednesday's Interfaces call I would like to begin
discussion/looking at consumer/producer Security.  Richard has put a
feature proposal out on the website which it would be good to
read/review as it dicusses the landscape/layers of WebServices security
and lays out a few use cases.  Besides looking at this I would also like
to ask those individuals that work for companies that provide
application server/web service stacks if they would try and determine
what your companies plans are for supporting the various
layers/technologies in the stack [in Richards document] over the next
12-18 months.   I think it will be useful to ground a lot of our
covnseration not so much in what will ultimately be there but more in
what is practically there [from an interoperable standpoint] in the
timeframe of our 2.0.  The rationale for this is that Securitry
will/should become an urgent sticking point for a percentage of our
potential customers.
    In particular can you look into your plans for supporting:
       XMLSignature
       XMLEncryption
       WS-Security

    To a lesser extent it would be interesting if and what plans there
are for supporting SAML and higher level layers of the WSS stack like
WS-Policy.
      -Mike-