Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Questions regarding getPortletDescription()

A null UserContext was agreed upon to be interpreted by the Producer as a "guest" user and I
think that the Producer would most likely not return the "complete" PortletDescription.

Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Jacob [mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 12:14 AM
To: Coco, Christopher
Cc: Andre Kramer; Rich Thompson; Goldstein, Scott;
wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Questions regarding
getPortletDescription()

well, you could always pass a null userContext.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Standardization Technical Lead
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             "Coco,
             Christopher"
             <Christopher.Coco                                          To
             @vignette.com>            "Andre Kramer"
                                       <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>,
             06/07/2004 11:16          "Goldstein, Scott"
             PM                        <Scott.Goldstein@vignette.com>,
                                       "Rich Thompson"
                                       <richt2@us.ibm.com>,
                                       <wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.o
                                       rg>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Questions
                                       regarding getPortletDescription()

The issue is not calling getPortletDescription() for the cloned portlet. In
the case we are talking
about the Consumer does track the relationship of the CCP to its POP. We
are asking a more base
question of when the Consumer needs to update its metadata on a POP (and
thus all the CCPs based on
that POP), calling to get the entire ServiceDescription of the Producer
just to make sure that the
metadata is "complete", seems a bit heavyweight but necessary as the result
of the getPortletDescription()
method can vary based on the user. Basically, why isn't there a method to
retrieve the "complete"
description for a single POP (irregardless of a user)?

Christopher