Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] New Import Export document

Yes, as I said the only value I see is the snapshot.
And it is definitly valueable.
However we didn't stress this in the initial use case, therfor other
solutions seemed to fit better here.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Standardization Technical Lead
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             "Tamari, Yossi"
             <yossi.tamari@sap
                                       interfaces
             07/22/2004 04:41          <wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.o
             PM                        rg>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrp-interfaces] New Import
                                       Export document

Hi,

I would like to stress that there is nothing in Mike's proposal that
requires the producer to put any actual data in the exportData field. It
can store a cloned protletHandle there if it chooses. This proposal simply
gives the producer more freedom as to how it wants to implement the export
operation. It can clone, it can encrypt all the properties, and it can just
put them in free text, just like with consumer managed persistence.

I think the use case of "export once import many" is important since it
allows one "person" to build content packages for multiple clients, which
is some companies' livelihood.

             Yossi.