Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Groups - Consumer_Defined_Hierarchies.htm (formerly CCPRelationships.htm) modified

True, the state of a Portlet can change at any point. What I was trying to get at is
the edit mode is where edit state can be explicitly set by an end-user. And similarily,
a config mode would be where config state can be explicitly set by an admin (per se).

Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamari, Yossi [mailto:yossi.tamari@sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 9:57 AM
To: interfaces
Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Groups - Consumer_Defined_Hierarchies.htm
(formerly CCPRelationships.htm) modified

Hi Christopher,

While I agree with the general direction you are suggesting, it is true that a portlet can change its (persistent) state as a result of any interaction, regardless of the mode. The modes (like the window states) are really more of UI concepts, where edit mode is expected to be a UI for "configuring/personalizing" a portlet, but not necessarily the only time when that can be done.

	Yossi.