Subject: PublicParameters issues

As you may remember I posted a outline proposal for this in early September.  Its here.  There was a discussion in the following coordination meeting which I wasn't abel to attend.  The issues that appear at the bottom of the document came from the minutes of that concall.  A number of them seem to be centered around expanding this mechanism to support portlet property/state ala something discussed in rev 1 and partially added [though downscaled to merely support persistent properties].  I would like to pick this up in tomorrows concall.  My preference is to not expand the current proposal. This proposal isn't about properties its about render parameters.  I.e. that ability for the consumer to augment rendering, not the ability for the consumer to impact portlet state.  The later is seemingly handled via the event mechanism.
    -Mike-