Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Applet resources through WSRP

Section 10.2.1.1.3.2 of WSRP v1 lays the burden on the Consumer to parse and rewrite urls for resources that set wsrp-requiresRewrite to true. Discussion of this requirement within the TC limited the burden to string parsing with a replacement of matching substrings. As such, all textual types, including CSS, should be parsed. It is likely best if the Consumer is agnostic to the resource's mimetype other than a determination of what, if any, of the rewritten url needs to be escaped in order for it to be valid within the containing document.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

03/23/05 09:58 AM

wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Applet resources through WSRP

Rich Thompson wrote:

> It sounds like you are mixing two issues here:
>
>    1. You have validated that applet use has the same issues as any
>       other url, but not a large set of new issues. As a special note;
>       resource urls require full name preservation, whether it be a .gif
>       or a .jar.
>    2. When Producers use templates for url production and referenced
>       resources also contain urls, the Producer must also use the

Can you confirm if the spec requires Producers to rewrite resources it
is serving over HTTP? AFAIR, this is only a requirement on Consumers
when the MIME type of the resource is text/xml-like. I think the
requirement on Producers  has implications that we've not discussed in
detail.