Subject: RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Applet resources through WSRP

I would agree with Yossi and would suggest either FAQ or Primer content in this area. In particular, I would suggest the following rewording of Artem's summary:

The Producer responsibility regarding URLs within resources is as follows:
1.        If the Producer returns the resource URL with wsrp-requiresRewrite=true, then the URLs in this resource must be ready for the Consumer rewriting (contain wsrp-rewrite tokens).
2.        If the Producer returns the resource URL with wsrp-requiresRewrite=false, then all URLs in this resource must be ready for interpretation by the user agent (i.e. either be absolute URLs or produced using Consumer-supplied templates).
3.        Any other option is not compliant.

Rich

"Yossi Tamari" <yossi@giloventures.com>

03/28/05 07:32 AM

<wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Applet resources through WSRP

The spec says the following about portlet markup (not resources): “If a Portlet is unable to completely write the portlet URLs for its markup, it MUST set the requiresUrlRewriting flag in the returned MarkupContext structure to “true”.
However, the same is not said of resources, naturally, since they will not often include “portletURLs” (URLs back into the portlet). While it may be underspecified for resources, the way I would view it is that there must not be any relative URLs, but absolute URLs which point outside the consumer are allowed – After all we would not want to prevent a portlet/resource from containing a direct link to Google, right?
In other words, I agree with your 1-3, but with the definition of “final” as “pointing to the consumer or a third party web site”.

            Yossi.