Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Fw: [wsrp] Additional use cases for issue #44 (setnew public params)

in-line

Rich

"Mike Caffyn" <mike@netunitysoftware.com>

07/22/05 09:38 AM

<wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Fw: [wsrp] Additional use cases for issue #44 (set new public params)

Would this mean that a _wsrp_rewrite and rewrite template contains something like wsrp-parameters=(encoded name=value&name=value...) where the parameters specified would set some consumer held parameter state and then forwarded on to the appropriate portlets.
  Rich -> yes

If the render URL is used and they are shared parameters wouldn't the consumer have to be careful in calling portlets, since it may effect other portlets interested in the parameter value. i.e. order and which portlets i.e. to update cache
  Rich -> It means that Consumers have to decode the URL before invoking any portlets so that any shared PPs can be sent to all interested portlets.

----- Original Message -----
From: Rich Thompson
To: wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 8:16 AM

It is possible to drive every style of update through action processing, but I think that short changes the advantages of using render URLs where they are appropriate.

New navState can be specified on each URL (including render URLs), why should not the Portlet be able to specify the shared version (PPs)?

Rich

"Andre Kramer" <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>

07/22/05 08:02 AM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, <wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [wsrp-interfaces] Fw: [wsrp] Additional use cases for issue #44 (set new public params)

After reading your previous email, I was driving towards a similar recommendation for Portlets to “re-fresh” public parameters by return on each WSRP interaction so that a consumer is more likely to forward values that have been recently actively returned and I agree this means Portlets have to maintain/store public param values e.g. in navigational state. But, with such advice, I see no reason to have public parameters to visibly appear on URLs (rewrite expressions or templates) at all. Why introduce a new encoding and (in markup) transport mechanism when it seems a preferable Web Service (in SOAP response) encoding and transport is already available and recommended?

Regards,

Andre