Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Fw: [wsrp] Additional use cases for issue #44 (setnew public params)

Are you just saying that the URL encoding/decoding rules are complex? I ask because I do not see the relationship between this and making scoping choices. Once the information has been decoded, I see no difference between dealing with it early in the URL processing (i.e. before any portlet invocations) and later (after action/event processing).

As to decoding complexity, I think the steps are straight forward:
1. Extract the parameter setting PPs from the URL
2. Extract the value for this parameter
3. URL decode the value
4. Parse the resulting string as if it were a querystring (hopefully using an existing utility method)
5. Step through the resulting array of PPs and deserialize the values. Even for simple types, this may involve conversions such as string-> int, but definitely could be more involved for complex types the Consumer chooses to deserialize (as opposed to simply treating in the XML serialized form and always receiving/forwarding the XML without processing it).

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

07/22/05 10:37 AM

wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Fw: [wsrp] Additional use cases for issue #44 (set new public params)

My point is URL-encoding style makes it harder for consumers to make
broader scoping choices.

Subbu