Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] user profile proposal

If I understand your argument correctly, your key reason for treating
these the same is that both use an open content model at the XML level.
The moment we treat a spec defined user profile item and an extension
the same way, we can apply the same argument at several other places,
leading a to very weak schema and spec. For example, why not carry
portlet properties or events as extensions? Or why not carry export data
as an extension?

We don't want that since an event is an event, a property is a property,
and an extensions is ... what? We don't know what it is, expect that it
has an open content model. They are for spec-users to specify
(semantically).

Not attempting to be enlightening ...

Subbu