Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] user profile proposal

Right, this was the initial intent.
It seems that we now do not agree on this?
Therfore we should clearly answer this question first:

Do we want to support interoprable custom profile exchange (and thus
mapping of different profile sets)?

If the answer is yes, we should continue and try to fix the leaks we
identified.
If the answer is no, I tend to agree that the current
customUserProfileItemDesc is close to useless.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Team Lead & Technical Lead
WSRP Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Subbu Allamaraju
             <subbu@bea.com>
             08/31/2005 02:07          wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.or
             AM                        g
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsrp-interfaces] user profile
                                       proposal

> On your answer to extensions vs. things we define in the protocol:  I am
> happy to remove the [relatively] useless
> customUsiptioerProfileItemDescriptions from serviceDescrn and
> customUserProfileData field from registrastionData so that its clear
> that this is no different then any other extension that could be
> supported.

But isn't the whole debate about making custom profile items more useful
than they are currently.

Subbu

>     -Mike-
>
> Andre Kramer wrote:
>
>> Just to answer Mike’s questions: Yes, I propose to allow multiple
>> kinds of profiles. One use case would be allowing the common 1.0 P3P
>> derived values to be transmitted along with a more sophisticated
>> encoding of additional user data.
>>

>> I would agree the XML schema is superficially similar but note that no
>> <extensions> tag need be used in order to allow the two communicating
>> parties to exchange profile elements! And that is how it should be for
>> all explicit extension points we define in the protocol, in my opinion.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Andre

that userProfile element is NOT required to be here but some XML is. -->