Subject: Re: [wsrp] Proposal - Session Properties

On proposal 2: Mapping to events: you state: "The portlet declares support for events matching the QName of each session property they are sharing."   As what is going on here is the portlet has a local concept of session state that it wants to publish/receive changed state events there is no pre-existing QName from which to generate an event name.  Is what you are saying, is that the portlet defines an event QName to represent a state change event to each specific session property it wants to publish/subscribe for?  E.g. a zipcode property might become myco_ns:productname.ZipCodeChangedEvent?
    -Mike-

Rich Thompson wrote:

I was requested to extract the session property work into an extension feature/proposal. As part of doing this, I generated the three proposals that have been mentioned to-date, leaving room for issues & resolutions for each. The first draft of this can be found (& updated) at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/wsrp/Session_Property_extension.

In doing this work, it became clear that ExtensionPart ought to have a name field. The semantics would be that the name (type==QName) at the ExtensionDescription level defines the semantics of the extension while the name (type==QName) at the ExtensionPart level defines the XML element name for the child of the extensions element (this would also become the deserialized variable name for many common toolings).

Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php