Subject: Groups - Interfaces Concall modified

Interfaces Concall has been modified by Mr Michael Freedman

Date:  Thursday, 02 November 2006
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

Event Description:
1-888-967-2253 or +44 118 924 9000 (Europe)
meeting ID: 345337
passcode: 060606

Agenda:
Continue discussing various extensions already under consideration:
1) Style sheet extension
2) Transient Properties
3) Ajax

Minutes:
1. CSS Extension
Section 1.1: Qname= wsrp-extra:optionalCSSets
Applies to both PortletDescription and MarkupResponse (for dynamic references).  Later requires consumer to late bind to CSS -- probably via javascript in client.  Question:  currently they are tied together -- should we have distinct extensions (names) so can support one without the other?

Action:  folks should consider if they can support (relatively easily) the dynamic case -- as its easier /less complex to bind these into a single extension.

Second question:  extension uses wsrp-extra -- won't this require we modify the schema? Doesn't this cause a version issue?  I.e. why can we change the 2.0 schema?  Consensus seems to be to use this namespace/schema.  Second question -- do we need to add something to spec to describe that wsrp-extra schema will change more frequently then formal releases?  Subbu will think this through and send an e-mail to list with his recommendation.

Note:  CSS extension document uses Oasis format.  Other extensions should use/follow the template.  Template is in Intefaces/extension document repository.

2. Transient Properties:
Need to cast it into proper template/form.  Technically we think major questions are answered but we want some implementation experience before moving forward.  Rich proposed the following model:
      Working Draft:
            write-ups of extension at the conceptual level
      Committee draft:
           stable draft -- we want to get experience with it
      Public review:
            ask for broader review
      Committee Specification:
            adopted/appoved.

3. Ajax:
Partially transformed to template (done before we had the extension template).  Need further discussions on lifecycle mapping based on JSR discussions.  Tabled until next concall.

4. Sharable Javascript:
Script sharing extensions (based on CSS extension) writeup in Interfaces repository-- review for next call.

5. Calls first Thursday of each month.  (next one on November 30th).

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interfaces/event.php?event_id=12881

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20061102T000000Z
DTSTART:20061102T160000Z
DTEND:20061102T170000Z
SEQUENCE:2
SUMMARY:Interfaces Concall
  345337\npasscode: 060606\n\nGroup: WSRP Interfaces SC\nCreator: Mr
  Michael Freedman
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interfaces/event.php?event_id=12881
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interfaces/event.php?event_id=12881
END:VEVENT