Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Re: [wsrp] Ajax requests and lifecycle mapping

A couple of thoughts strike me relative to this evolving discussion:

1. Once XPR is defined, the portlet should assume that, for reasons unknown to it, the Consumer will want to include communication between its client and server side components on any fragment request and should therefore use XPR for all fragment requests.

2. Just because some environments may want to map all fragment URLs to action URLs, this should not require that all environments do such a mapping. From a WSRP perspective, this means that fragment URLs with a urlType of blockingAction would map to pbia while those with a urlType of render would map to getMarkup. JSR286 (or related bridges) could separately choose that all fragment URLs map to action URLs and set the urlType accordingly, but this is a choice for the technology specific layer and should not be imposed by the WSRP protocol.

Rich

Stefan Hepper <sthepper@hursley.ibm.com>

02/06/2007 03:00 AM

WSRP TC <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>, WSRP Interfaces subgroup <wsrp-interfaces@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[wsrp-interfaces] Re: [wsrp] Ajax requests and lifecycle mapping

Hi Subbu,
so the model would be:
- for consumer state changing operations use POST
XPR(action/render/resource URL)
- for state changes that do not affect the consumer and only the target
portlet use POST XHR(resource URL)
- for non-state changing operations use GET XHR(resource URL)
seems a bit complex to me.

5.2.
- should also list resource URLs
- should say something about new portlet modes and window states set on
the URL, do we want to allow setting those on the URL and if yes, what
would be the semantic?

5.3.
- I think that updating portlets that received an event is a too hard
requirement, what if the portlet is not on the current page? I would
propose to change the MUST to a SHOULD

5.4.
- it should also note that changes done by the pbia should be reflected
when sending events and the event should carry the updated values

Stefan