Subject: Ampersand encodings

We are finding that for certain situations it would be useful for the
portlet to be able to specify which ampersand (&, &) form to use for
a given URL. This is important when using consumer rewriting.

In particular when using XHTML (see below). I would like to discuss this
on the call tomorrow.

Additionally, this will allow WSRP producer implementations of JSR-286
to guarantee compliance with its ampersand requirements.

Thanks,

Nate

I would like to be able to produce something like this:
<script><![CDATA[
   var url=/consumer?id=1&type=2
]]></script>