Subject: Rewritable resource URIs

I have some more questions which I think we need to address:

1. the tie to the JSR spec and its behavior is somewhat missing
By serving out-of-band resources portlets would call encodeURL() in the portlet API. This can be either a fullpath URI or an absolute URI.
How would the Producer split between those two?
Would that mean that portlets need to become aware of the WSRP extension?
I think the key issues is that we have an seperator in here. Shouldn't the consumer decide which portions of an URL being the parameter of wsrp-url it wants to make mutable?

2. Another issue I see is the serve resource ID
If think we imply here (although remain silent on it) that the portlet uses the resourceID to denote the immutable and mutable part, right?
And expect portlets to receive a modified resourceID.
Don't we need to clarify on resourceIDs here?
Can't this also impose problems with encoding?
The current specs JSR and WSRP remain silent on that. This means that any character can be part of the resourceID.
How can such a part become a part of the portal URL path if it is not URL safe?
So I think supporting get/serveResource() needs a more detailed revisit. More than the initial proposal for out-of-band resource URL.

3. We seem to introduce a new flag isOperation in the URL format.
Can't the exisiting prefereOperation flag be used here?

4. What about international domain names, how would they be encoded in the path? Especially if they are considered immutable? Are those charcters safe?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Richard Jacob
Team Lead Portal Standards, WSRP Standardization Lead
IBM Software Group, WPLC
WSS Websphere Portal Foundation Development 1
Phone: +49-7031-16-3469  IBM Deutschland
E-Mail: richard.jacob@de.ibm.com  Schoenaicher Str. 220
 71032 Boeblingen
 Germany
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Erich Baier
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294