Subject: RE: [wsrp-interop] Groups - ibm-setup-description.doc uploaded

Hi Andre,

thanks, I'm currently on vacation, so I can't look into the details yet,
but I forwarded that to my colleagues.
Here are some answers:

1) ooops, sorry you're right, it was a cut-and-paste error.
2) I'm not sure what you mean by advice is not to register? You need to
register but may pass any data for the registration.
3) we need to fix the internal error if you pass a null context, should
throw a fault here
3b) great, we have at least markup :-), however this fault indicates that
we had an internal error at that time and the JSR container could not be
invoked.
I would assume after the exception in 3) the server ran into problems and
needed to be restarted.
4) the namespace should be the wsrp namespace, the fault names are thrown
by axis in that way. This is how the WSDl2java emitter generated the
exception classes.
We didn't focus to much on the exceptions at that time, however we need to
figure out, how fault names and namespaces should look like. Currently axis
inserts its own namespace and names the faults according to the java class
package.name like generated by wsdl2java.
5) This seems to be another problem with axis when the axis engine is not
running in its own webapp but is part of another webapp. We encounter axis
errors when using the fromJava emitter to generate the wsdl.
Need to check that...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Andre Kramer     |
|         |           <andre.kramer@eu.|
|         |           citrix.com>      |
|         |           05/02/2003 06:55 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE                                                                                                  |
  |       cc:       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp-interop] Groups - ibm-setup-description.doc uploaded                                                                   |

Richard,

I was able to do some informal first tests today:

1) http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/ says:
"The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService
is
null"

the actual access points appear to be:
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPServiceDescriptionService
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPBaseService
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPRegistrationService
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPPortletManagementService

2) As the setup note says, the returned service description states
registrationRequired==true but advice is: don't try to register. [This is
inconvenient as we would normally try to register if the factor is
defined.]

3) requiresInitCookie is "perGroup" but the initCookie operation results
in:
             - an internal error if I pass in a null registration context
             - an InvalidRegistrationFault if I make up my own handle
So maybe I should register after all? Let's see ...

3b) After registration and initCookie, I get the following markup string
element from getMarkup (for portletHandle 0.3):

 <markupString>Error occured while invoking portlet service!</markupString>

So that's valid markup .NET to Axis SOAP over the Web!

Also,

4) I noted that exceptions are in the Axis namespace, e.g.:

 <ns2:exceptionName
xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/
">oasis.names.tc.wsrp.v1.types.Invalid
CookieFault</ns2:exceptionName>

I expected our wsrp namespace and a "Interface." or "Security." prefix.
Something like:

 <ns2:exceptionName xmlns:ns2="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
Interface.InvalidCookieFault</ns2:exceptionName>

5)  The producer (Axis) does not serve up its wsdl using:
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/services/WSRPBaseService?wsdl
[good for debug e.g. sorting out problem 1.]

That's as far as I got.
regards,
Andre