Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] IBM Producer giving corrupt ServiceDescription

Hi David,

Stephan fixed that bug and redeployed the service.
It should work fine now.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Richard          |
|         |           Jacob/Germany/IBM|
|         |           @IBMDE           |
|         |           06/09/2003 06:07 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       David Ward <david.ward@oracle.com>                                                                                               |
  |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org, Peter Fischer3/Germany/IBM@IBMDE, Stephan Laertz/Germany/IBM@IBMDE, Julie                     |
  |        Macnaught/Middletown/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                                            |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] IBM Producer giving corrupt ServiceDescription                                                                |

Hi David,

you are right. Keyword is a localized string and values/lang are not
nillable.
Seems to be a problem with our JSR168/WSRP mapping of portlet info (portlet
xml) to the portlet decription.

As I'm currently on the road I cannot test this right now. I copied Peter
and Stephan on this.
Unfortunaltly I cannot access our server via the internet currently - seems
to be a problem with my 12kBit/s connection in the hotel room.

Peter, Stephan could you please take a look into that?
As a quick workaround you could simply define only one keyword in the
portlet.xml for now.
This should hopefully deliver only one <keyword> element in the description
then.
This should also be discovered by the conformance test suite btw.

David, did you have a chance to connect to one of the ports being monitored
by the WS-I monitor? This would allow us to check whether the WSRP/WS-I log
analyser reports on this.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           David Ward       |
|         |           <david.ward@oracl|
|         |           e.com>           |
|         |           06/06/2003 12:40 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
|
  |       cc:       "Freedman,Michael" <MICHAEL.FREEDMAN@oracle.com>
|
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-interop] IBM Producer giving corrupt
ServiceDescription

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Just thought you should know. At the moment, the IBM Producer is returning
the following as the keywords for the portlets in its ServiceDescription

               <keywords xml:lang="en">
                  <value> Testen</value>
               </keywords>
               <keywords xsi:nil="true"/>
               <keywords xsi:nil="true"/>
               <keywords xsi:nil="true"/>

This trips up JAX-RPC. As far as I know, keywords is non-nillable.

Thanks

Dave
--
|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|
|                    |                           |                       |
|     David Ward     |  Oracle European          |                       |
|      Principal     |  Development Centre       |                       |
|  Software Engineer |  520 Oracle Parkway       |                Email: |
|    Oracle Portal   |  Thames Valley Park       |                 david |
|                    |  Reading                  |                 .ward |
|                    |  Berkshire RG6 1RA        |                 @orac |
|                    |  UK                       |                 le.co |
|                    |                           |                 m     |
|                    |                           |                  Tel: |
|                    |                           |                 +44   |
|                    |                           |                 118   |
|                    |                           |                 924   |
|                    |                           |                 5079  |
|                    |                           |                  Fax: |
|                    |                           |                 118   |
|                    |                           |                 924   |
|                    |                           |                 5005  |

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php