Subject: RE: [wsrp-interop] Verify interoperability with Oracle Portal

Title:
Indeed the imports are available at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_types.xsd
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_interfaces.wsdl
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl

I've imported the sample service description from:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_service.wsdl

(But I don't actually go this deep when analysing a service doc.)

regards,
Andre
-----Original Message-----
From: David Ward [mailto:david.ward@oracle.com]
Sent: 12 June 2003 13:22
To: Peter Fischer3
Cc: Michael Freedman; wsrp-interop

This is indeed a bug. We will need to fix the WSDL we return so that the imports actually resolve to a location on our webserver.

It would be useful if there was an absolute location on OASIS that everyone could use in their imports.

Regards

David

Peter Fischer3 wrote:
Hi Mike,

our consumer is having problems reading the wsdl you provided.
It imports the binding wsdl like this:

<import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:bind" location="
wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl" />

but at this location (realtive to
http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL)no such document can be
found.

Should a WSRP consumer be able to handle that by using a local version of
the wsdl or must the producer provide a correct / complete wsdl?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Peter

"Don't think of the problem - think of the solution!" ;-)
IBM WebSphere Portal Development Boeblingen, Germany
Phone: ++49-7031-16-4497
eMail: peter.fischer@de.ibm.com

|         |           Michael Freedman  |
|         |           <Michael.Freedman@|
|         |           oracle.com>       |
|         |           06/10/2003 07:45  |
|         |           PM                |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       WSRP <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>, wsrp-interop <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-interop] Verify interoperability with Oracle Portal                                                   |
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                             |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

As of yesterday, Monday June9th, Oracle is publically hosting a
pre-release version of its portal implementing the TC 1.0 WSRP
specification so other vendors/customers can verify their
implementations interoperate with Oracle.  By making this publically
available we hope to accelerate the use and implementation of
interoperable WSRP producers. The site is available at:
 http://portalstandards.oracle.com.  Additonal supporting information is
available if you click on the "Go back to Oracle9iAS Portal Center" link
on this sites welcome page.  To use the site [to test your producer] you
must be a logged in "Oracle Technology Network" user.  Login accounts
are free and available to all.  Merely click on the "login" link in the
upper right corner and either login to an existing account or sign up
for a new one.  Once logged in you will be able to register your
producer(s) with the Oracle Portal and add portlets from this producer
to your own sandboxed portal page.  The site contains instructions on
how to do this as well as an existing sample page containing portlets
from the Oracle WSRP Sample Producer.  This later is also hosted
publically so other WSRP consumers can test if they work/interoperate
with Oracle's WSRP/JSR 168 container.  The WSDL for this producer is
available at http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL .
 Though the site requests problems/support issues be directed to
discussion lists/support, we prefer you use the
wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org mailing list to communicate
questions/issues/problems.  Dave and I track this list more closely
ensuring faster turn around on reported issues.

     -Mike-

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

--

David Ward
Principal Software Engineer