Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] Verify interoperability with Oracle Portal

Title:
Thanks

I have altered our WSDL to reference
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl
in the import, and will make this fix available when we next patch our site!

We got the IBM portlet displaying, but there's a few glitches I want to talk about. I'll investigate further as soon as I get the chance, but:
Regards

David

Richard Jacob wrote:
Hi David,

there is an absolut location for the wsdl.
You can find them here:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_types.xsd

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_interfaces.wsdl

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl

  See chapter 14 of the spec or the wsrp group's home page.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           David Ward       |
|         |           <david.ward@oracl|
|         |           e.com>           |
|         |           06/12/2003 02:21 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Peter Fischer3/Germany/IBM@IBMDE                                                                                                 |
  |       cc:       Michael Freedman <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>, wsrp-interop <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Verify interoperability with Oracle Portal                                                                    |

This is indeed a bug. We will need to fix the WSDL we return so that the
imports actually resolve to a location on our webserver.

It would be useful if there was an absolute location on OASIS that everyone
could use in their imports.

Regards

David

Peter Fischer3 wrote:
      Hi Mike,

      our consumer is having problems reading the wsdl you provided.
      It imports the binding wsdl like this:

      <import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:bind" location="
      wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl" />

      but at this location (realtive to
      http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL)no such document
      can be
      found.

      Should a WSRP consumer be able to handle that by using a local
      version of
      the wsdl or must the producer provide a correct / complete wsdl?

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

      Peter

      "Don't think of the problem - think of the solution!" ;-)
      IBM WebSphere Portal Development Boeblingen, Germany
      Phone: ++49-7031-16-4497
      eMail: peter.fischer@de.ibm.com

      |         |           Michael Freedman  |
      |         |           <Michael.Freedman@|
      |         |           oracle.com>       |
      |         |           06/10/2003 07:45  |
      |         |           PM                |

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

        |       To:       WSRP <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>, wsrp-interop
      <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>                          |
        |       cc:
      |
        |       Subject:  [wsrp-interop] Verify interoperability with
      Oracle Portal                                                   |

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

      As of yesterday, Monday June9th, Oracle is publically hosting a
      pre-release version of its portal implementing the TC 1.0 WSRP
      specification so other vendors/customers can verify their
      implementations interoperate with Oracle.  By making this publically
      available we hope to accelerate the use and implementation of
      interoperable WSRP producers. The site is available at:
       http://portalstandards.oracle.com.  Additonal supporting information
      is
      available if you click on the "Go back to Oracle9iAS Portal Center"
      link
      on this sites welcome page.  To use the site [to test your producer]
      you
      must be a logged in "Oracle Technology Network" user.  Login accounts
      are free and available to all.  Merely click on the "login" link in
      the
      upper right corner and either login to an existing account or sign up
      for a new one.  Once logged in you will be able to register your
      producer(s) with the Oracle Portal and add portlets from this
      producer
      to your own sandboxed portal page.  The site contains instructions on
      how to do this as well as an existing sample page containing portlets
      from the Oracle WSRP Sample Producer.  This later is also hosted
      publically so other WSRP consumers can test if they work/interoperate
      with Oracle's WSRP/JSR 168 container.  The WSDL for this producer is
      available at http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL .
       Though the site requests problems/support issues be directed to
      discussion lists/support, we prefer you use the
      wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org mailing list to communicate
      questions/issues/problems.  Dave and I track this list more closely
      ensuring faster turn around on reported issues.

           -Mike-

      You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

--
|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|
|                    |                           |                       |
|     David Ward     |  Oracle European          |                       |
|      Principal     |  Development Centre       |                       |
|  Software Engineer |  520 Oracle Parkway       |                Email: |
|    Oracle Portal   |  Thames Valley Park       |                 david |
|                    |  Reading                  |                 .ward |
|                    |  Berkshire RG6 1RA        |                 @orac |
|                    |  UK                       |                 le.co |
|                    |                           |                 m     |
|                    |                           |                  Tel: |
|                    |                           |                 +44   |
|                    |                           |                 118   |
|                    |                           |                 924   |
|                    |                           |                 5079  |
|                    |                           |                  Fax: |
|                    |                           |                 +44   |
|                    |                           |                 118   |
|                    |                           |                 924   |
|                    |                           |                 5005  |
|                    |                           |                       |
|                    |                           |                       |
|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

--

David Ward