Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] RE: [wsrp] Verify interoperability with Oracle Portal

David,

can't see why a normal nslookup or standard resolver can resolve the
wsrp.dyndns.org hostname while the jave client can't.
I would assume they use the standard resolver of the operating system?
Maybe it's a caching problem of hostname<->ip-address.
Since we get disconnected once every 24 hours and reconnect, we get a new
IP Address every 24 hours.
Do you have a secondary name server which you are using? Maybe it caches
the old entry.
As of now our address is: 80.138.154.154. this is what ifconfig, our IBM
secondary DNS (non-authoritive) and our provider's secondary DNS
(non-authoritive) say.

What does nslookup or dig say?
What do you receive when calling getHostByName()?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           David Ward       |
|         |           <david.ward@oracl|
|         |           e.com>           |
|         |           06/17/2003 02:43 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Andre Kramer <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>, wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org                                                     |
  |       cc:       "'Michael Freedman'" <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] RE: [wsrp] Verify interoperability with Oracle  Portal                                                        |

Andre

I have now experienced the DNS problem for myself when trying to register
the IBM producer on the portalstandards machine outside our firewall.

I find that any non-proxied HTTPClient requests to
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8083 simply hang and eventually time out, but
non-proxied requests to http://80.138.151.73:8083 seem to work fine. This
means I can register the IBM producer on portalstandards.oracle.com using
its IP address, but this means that the resource links don't work, as they
still use the domain name. This is strange, because I can sucessfully
telnet to wsrp.dyndns.org port 8083 from that machine. I can also make
HTTPClient requests to virtually any other server on the internet from that
machine. It must be something to do the dyndns.org domain entry and the way
java resolves domain names.

For the moment, I'll see if an extra entry in /etc/hosts will sove the
problem, but if you find a solution for your DNS issues, let me know.

I'll also look into seeing if we can get IP style requests to our producer
going to the right virtual host.

Thanks

Dave

Andre Kramer wrote:

      David,

      I've tried localhost and a local fully qualified domain name (but not
      one that can be resolved outside citrix - our DNS set up is
      preventing me from doing that but am working on that one). For
      localhost:9090 and knowth.cam.eu.citrix.com:9090 I get:

      HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

      Connection: close

      Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:34:25 GMT

      Allow: GET, HEAD

      Server: Oracle9iAS-Web-Cache/Oracle9iAS Web Cache Release 9.0.3.0.0

      Cache-Control: public

      <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Invalid Host Specified</TITLE></HEAD>

      <BODY>The request did not specify a valid virtual host.</BODY></HTML>

      The request:

      POST /wsrp/jaxrpc/WSRPServiceDescriptionService HTTP/1.1
       VsDebuggerCausalityData:
      AwAAADU9QFCx6+xPkJqaWINmG+EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD8DAAAgAQAAAAAAAAAAAAArO1gCAAAAAB2AGUAcgBzAGkAbwBuAD0ANwAuADAAOwBhAHUAdABvAGEAdAB0AGEAYwBoAGMAbABzAGkAZAA9AHsANwAwAEYANgA1ADQAMQAxAC0ARgBFADgAQwAtADQAMgA0ADgALQBCAEMARgBGAC0ANwAwADEAQwA4AEIAMgBGADQANQAyADkAfQA7AHMAZQBzAHMAaQBvAG4APQB7ADYANgAxADIARAA5AEEAQwAtADMANABBADgALQA0AEEAMQBGAC0AOABCADYAQwAtADkANgBBAEMAQgBEAEEAQgA3ADEAMABBAH0AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
[...]

       Expect: 100-continue
       Host: localhost:9090

       <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="
      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="
      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="
      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><getServiceDescription
      xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types"><registrationContext xsi:nil
      ="true" /></getServiceDescription></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

      Any chance I'm coming in via another cache / firewall (see Server:
      response header)? Do you think it worth you trying "localhost:9090"
      as well?

      regards,
      Andre