Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

Hi David,

seems to work now?
I was able to put IBM's portlets on your portal and access them.
Will check the communication log.
I encountered a problem sending the form data.
Seems to be the namespace token issue here, will check that.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Richard          |
|         |           Jacob/Germany/IBM|
|         |           @IBMDE           |
|         |           06/18/2003 10:41 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       David Ward <david.ward@oracle.com>                                                                                               |
  |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!                                                                                                       |

ok done,

we are now at: 80.138.191.123, internet DNS servers checked, resolve
correctly

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           David Ward       |
|         |           <david.ward@oracl|
|         |           e.com>           |
|         |           06/17/2003 08:23 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
|
  |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
|
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
Either way, our Java client was still timing out.

I'm not sure I configured it right last time. This time I've set the System
property as a JVM command line option, so if it doesn't work this time,
something somewhere else in our system is still caching the IP address.
I've checked the most likely source code and still can't find the culprit.

So could you do another random reconnect tomorrow and I'll see if it
recovers this time.

Thanks

Dave

Richard Jacob wrote:
      oops, sorry.
      Seems that all the monitor instances crashed somehow (perhaps I need
      watchdog here)
      Now they are up again.

      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

              Richard Jacob
      IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
      Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
      Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
      Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

      |         |           David Ward       |
      |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
      |         |           e.com>           |
      |         |           06/17/2003 06:42 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

        |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
      |
        |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
      |
        |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

      Port 8083 doesn't seem to be up!

      Richard Jacob wrote:
            done,

            we are now on: 80.138.161.43, nameservers are adjusted
      accordingly

            Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

                    Richard Jacob
            IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
            Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
            Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
            Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

            |         |           David Ward       |
            |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
            |         |           e.com>           |
            |         |           06/17/2003 05:29 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

              |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
            |
              |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
            |
              |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

            Thanks again. In the interests of interoperability, could you
      try
            forcing a
            reconnect now, and we'll see whether our JVM recovers or not!

            I assume our registration handle will still be valid (but the
      session
            won't).

            Dave

            Richard Jacob wrote:
                  So we had two good guesses today :-)
                  In general dyndns is simple: you have one registered
            hostname.domain.
                  Everytime we get a new IP address associated we ask the
      dyndns
            server
                  (which is an implementation of dynamicDNS) to update our
      IP
            Address,
                  i.e.
                  the A record in the DNS database (we could also do it for
      MX
            records
                  and so
                  on).
                  Why we need this is because we have a standard internet
            provider over
                  adsl
                  which disconnects us after being online for 24 hours,
      thanks to
            some
                  linux
                  scripts :-) we discover that and reconnect immediatly -
      that's
            the
                  time
                  when we get a new address assigned.

                  I wonder that the JDK implementation doesn't handle the
            standard way
                  of
                  expiration handling in the domain name system. At dyndns
      we
            have a
                  very
                  short expiry set on our records so that secondary and
      caching
            name
                  servers
                  (and resolvers) drop that record and retrieve it again
      from the
                  authoritative DNS of the dyndns.org domain.

                  I can force a disconnect/reconnect if you want to test
      this
            now, just
                  let
                  me know...

                  This is a good point for the primer again, I think!

                  Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

                          Richard Jacob
                  IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                  Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
                  Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
                  Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                  |         |           David Ward       |
                  |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
                  |         |           e.com>           |
                  |         |           06/17/2003 04:21 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                    |       To:       David Ward <david.ward@oracle.com>
                  |
                    |       cc:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
                  wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                    |       Subject:  [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                  The problem was that the java.net.InetAddress class by
      default
            caches
                  IP
                  addresses forever once it has resolved them once. With a
            dynamic name
                  like
                  wsrp.dyndns.org, this was bound to cause problems - I
      gather
            that
                  your
                  server reassociates itself with a new IP address every so
            often.
                  (Don't
                  know exactly how dyndns works!)

                  If we were running on JDK 1.4, it appears we would be
      able to
            control
                  the
                  "time to live" for cached IP addresses through a security
            policy.
                  However,
                  it seems that the 'private' sun.net.inetaddr.ttl System
            property
                  mentioned
                  here also has the same effect on JDK 1.3.

                  I have restarted our servlet container JVM with the
                  sun.net.inetaddr.ttl
                  System property set to 120 (2 minutes). So far, the
      producer
            seems to
                  be
                  running fine on portalstandards.oracle.com. We'll just
      need to
            wait
                  and see
                  whether it remains so when you next acquire a new IP
      address!

                  I don't know whether it would be worthwhile including
      this
            useful gem
                  of
                  information in any of the WSRP literature - if you want
      your
            Java
                  consumer
                  to work with producers with dynamic IP addresses, be
      aware of
            these
                  settings.

                  Thanks

                  Dave

                  David Ward wrote:
                        Hi Richard

                        Thanks for investigating this. I've just realised
      how
            cool the
                  WS-I
                        testing tool is (the log file looked great once I
            installed all
                  the
                        XSL). I'll try to look into getting it installed on
      our
                  environment.

                        If you saw my previous message, you'll know that
      your
            theory
                  was
                        correct, and our proxy was the source of the
      problems we
            were
                  having
                        when the HTTP 1.0 Keep-Alive header was sent. It's
      only
            our
                  runtime
                        component that uses connection persistence (for the
            initCookie
                  /
                        getMarkup / performBlockingAction) calls, and it's
      only
            in our
                        internal testing environment where we need to use a
      proxy
            for
                  this
                        component. In the portalstandards.oracle.com
      environment,
            these
                  calls
                        do not need to be proxied.

                        The successful calls you have in your log file
      where the
                  connection
                        actually was persisted were made from the
      portalstandards
                        environment. Here we are experiencing a different
      problem
            - the
                  calls
                        only work when we register with an IP address
      rather than
                  domain
                        name. This is weird, because I can ping and telnet
      to the
                  domain name
                        from the same machine with no problems. Any ideas?

                        Thanks again

                        Dave

                        Richard Jacob wrote:
                              Hi David,

                              what you state concerning HTTP keep-alive is
            correct.
                  I'll try
                              to summerize
                              and reword to check if we have the same
            understanding:
                              HTTP 1.0 is by default request/response
      oriented
            without
                              keeping the
                              connection open, thus every new request opens
      a new
                  socket and
                              closes this
                              after the resonse is received.
                              To keep the connection open among the
            request/response
                              messages, the HTTP
                              1.0 client sends a connection: keep-alive
      header.
            If the
                  server
                              supports
                              this it send a connection: keep-alive in the
            response to
                              indicate that the
                              connection is not closed and can be reused.
                              HTTP 1.1 remains the connection open by
      default.
            The
                              connection: keep-alive
                              is nearly meaningless in HTTP 1.1.
                              If the server wants to close the connection
      it
            sends
                              connection: close in
                              its response. If it doesn't do so, the
      connection
            is kept
                  open.

                              I checked the log files which monitored the
            conversation
                              between our
                              producer and your consumer and between our
      producer
            and
                              Citrix's consumer
                              (thanks Andre for driving that test).
                              See attached files, 8082 is Citrix, 8083 is
      Oracle.

                              (See attached file: log8082.xml)(See attached
      file:
                              log8083.xml)

                              In Citrix's case the keep-alive seem to work.
            Andre's
                  messages
                              start with
                              message 13, which is conversation 12. As you
      can
            see all
                  the
                              request/response up to message 66 are in the
      same
                  conversation,
                              i.e.
                              connection.
                              67 starts a new conversation (maybe because
      the
            client or
                              server decided to
                              close the connection in between).
                              In Oracle's case we see a lot of different
            connections
                  for each
                              request/response.
                              But interestingly messages 135-138 and
      141-144
            share the
                  same
                              connection.
                              Looking at 1-134 it seems that you use a
      proxy in
            between
                  for
                              the
                              conversation, see header:
                              Via: 1.1 inet-nc02 (NetCache NetApp/5.3.1R3)

                              In 135 you are using a direct connection (no
      via:
                  header).
                              That's a guess but maybe the proxy in between
            doesn't
                  support
                              keep-alive?
                              or is a 1.0 server?
                              Currently I have no idea why the connection
      is
            closed
                  after 138
                              and
                              reopened for 139/140 and then again for
      141...

                              Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

                                      Richard Jacob

                              IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                              Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server
      Development
                              Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031
      16-4888
                              Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                              |         |           David Ward       |
                              |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
                              |         |           e.com>           |
                              |         |           06/16/2003 10:12 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

      Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

                                |       cc:
            wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                                |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Verify
                  interoperability
                              with Oracle Portal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                              Richard

                              I am attaching the trace I got from a TCP
      tunnel
            when our
                              Portal tries to
                              make consecutive initCookie and getMarkup
      requests
                  through the
                              same pooled
                              TCP connection. After further investigation,
            found that
                  the
                              "Keep-Alive"
                              value we send in the Connection header of the
      first
                  request is
                              actually
                              HTTP 1.0 semantics that can be ignored by an
      HTTP
            1.1
                  server.
                              That's why it
                              doesn't appear in the second request. An HTTP
      1.1
            server
                  would
                              return
                              Connection: close if it doesn't want the
      connection
            to be
                  kept
                              open, since
                              the default is that the connection is kept
      alive.
            An HTTP
                  1.0
                              server would
                              set the Keep-Alive header on the response if
      it
            wanted
                  the
                              connection to be
                              kept open. Because we get an HTTP 1.1
      response with
            no
                              Connection close
                              header, our client assumes it can keep the
            connection
                  open and
                              send another
                              request on it, but this doesn't seem to be
      working.

                              We are using the same HTTPClient library we
      have
            relied
                  on for
                              years (not
                              that that means it might not have bugs!). You
      can
            force
                  your
                              JVM to use it
                              instead of the regular JDK HttpURLConnection
      by
            setting
                  the
                              java.protocol.handler.pkgs system property to
            HTTPClient.

                              Thanks

                              Dave

                              David Ward wrote:

                                    Hi David, thanks.

                                    1. yes we have this namespacing issue
      still
            open
                  due to
                              the JSR168
                                    container reference implementation.
                                    Once this is changed on the container
      side we
            can
                  skip
                              the
                                    namespacing
                                    here.
                                    2. strange, we tested with both AXIS
      HTTP1.0
            -> no
                  keep
                              alive and
                                    with
                                    .NETs HTTP1.1 and keep alive set.
                                    Citrix's consumer also sets the
      keep-alive
            flag.
                                    Andre, can you confirm please, and
      rerun your
                  consumer
                              against our
                                    producer
                                    over the monitoring port (8082).
                                    David could you also try to connect via
      the
                  monitoring
                              port 8083,
                                    please.
                                    Maybe we discover something.

                                    I'll attach one WSI-monitor file
      showing a
                  conversation
                              between
                                    Citrix and
                                    IBM, here the keep alive seem to work.
      You
            should
                  have
                              the xsl files
                                    (from
                                    the WS-I monitor) placed in the
      directory
            "../xsl"
                              relative to your
                                    log
                                    file directory to generate a
      user-friedly
            output.

                                    (See attached file:
                  log8082.xml.030606150200.xml)(See
                              attached file:
                                    assertions.xsl)(See attached file:
            common.xsl)(See
                              attached file:
                                    log.xsl)
                                    (See attached file: report.xsl)

                                    Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best
      regards,

                                            Richard Jacob

                                    IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                                    Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server
            Development
                                    Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49
      7031
            16-4888
                                    Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                                    |         |           David Ward

                                    |         |
      <david.ward@oracl|
                                    |         |           e.com>

                                    |         |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

            Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

                                      |       cc:
                  wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                                      |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop]
      Verify
                              interoperability with
                                    Oracle Portal          |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                    Thanks

                                    I have altered our WSDL to reference

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl

                                    in the import, and will make this fix
            available
                  when we
                              next patch
                                    our
                                    site!

                                    We got the IBM portlet displaying, but
            there's a
                  few
                              glitches I want
                                    talk about. I'll investigate further as
      soon
            as I
                  get the
                              chance,
                                    but:
                                          The portlet seems to be
      namespacing the
            input
                              fields in its
                                    form. Is
                                          this required?
                                          The producer can't seem to cope
      with
            HTTP 1.1
                  keep
                              alive
                                    behaviour -
                                          we can only register the producer
      when
            we
                  turn off
                              connection
                                    pooling
                                    Regards

                                    David

                                    Richard Jacob wrote:
                                          Hi David,

                                          there is an absolut location for
      the
            wsdl.
                                          You can find them here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_types.xsd

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_interfaces.wsdl

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl

                                            See chapter 14 of the spec or
      the
            wsrp
                  group's
                              home page.

                                          Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best
            regards,

                                                  Richard Jacob

                                          IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                                          Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal
      Server
                  Development
                                          Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax:
      ++49
            7031
                  16-4888
                                          Email:
      mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                                          |         |           David Ward

                                          |         |
            <david.ward@oracl|
                                          |         |           e.com>

                                          |         |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                              Fischer3/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

                                            |       cc:       Michael
      Freedman
                                    <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>,
                                          wsrp-interop
                  <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                            |       Subject:  Re:
      [wsrp-interop]
            Verify
                              interoperability
                                    with
                                          Oracle Portal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                          This is indeed a bug. We will
      need to
            fix the
                  WSDL
                              we return so
                                    that
                                          the
                                          imports actually resolve to a
      location
            on our
                              webserver.

                                          It would be useful if there was
      an
            absolute
                              location on OASIS
                                    that
                                          everyone
                                          could use in their imports.

                                          Regards

                                          David

                                          Peter Fischer3 wrote:
                                                Hi Mike,

                                                our consumer is having
      problems
            reading
                  the
                              wsdl you
                                    provided.
                                                It imports the binding wsdl
      like
            this:

                                                <import namespace
                              ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:bind"
                                    location="
                                                wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl" />

                                                but at this location
      (realtive to

      http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL
            )no
                                    such
                                          document
                                                can be
                                                found.

                                                Should a WSRP consumer be
      able to
                  handle that
                              by using a
                                    local
                                                version of
                                                the wsdl or must the
      producer
            provide a
                              correct /
                                    complete
                                          wsdl?

                                                Mit freundlichen Grüßen /
      Best
            Regards

                                                Peter

                                                "Don't think of the problem
      -
            think of
                  the
                              solution!" ;-)

                                                IBM WebSphere Portal
      Development
                  Boeblingen,
                              Germany
                                                Phone: ++49-7031-16-4497
                                                eMail:
      peter.fischer@de.ibm.com

                                                |         |
      Michael
            Freedman

                                                |         |
                  <Michael.Freedman@|
                                                |         |
      oracle.com>

                                                |         |

                                                |         |
      06/10/2003
            07:45

                                                |         |           PM

                                                |         |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                                  |       To:       WSRP
                              <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>,
                                          wsrp-interop

            <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                  |       cc:
                                                |
                                                  |       Subject:
            [wsrp-interop]
                  Verify
                                    interoperability with
                                                Oracle Portal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                                As of yesterday, Monday
      June9th,
            Oracle
                  is
                              publically
                                    hosting a
                                                pre-release version of its
      portal
                              implementing the TC 1.0
                                    WSRP
                                                specification so other
                  vendors/customers can
                              verify their

                                                implementations
      interoperate with
                  Oracle.  By
                              making this

                                          publically
                                                available we hope to
      accelerate
            the use
                  and
                                    implementation of
                                                interoperable WSRP
      producers. The
            site
                  is
                              available at:

            http://portalstandards.oracle.com.
                              Additonal supporting

                                          information
                                                is
                                                available if you click on
      the "Go
            back
                              Oracle9iAS
                                    Portal
                                          Center"
                                                link
                                                on this sites welcome page.
            use the
                  site
                              [to test
                                    your
                                          producer]
                                                you
                                                must be a logged in "Oracle
            Technology
                              Network" user.
                                          accounts
                                                are free and available to
      all.
            Merely
                  click
                              on the
                                    "login"
                                          link in
                                                the
                                                upper right corner and
      either
            login to
                  an
                              existing
                                    account or
                                          sign up
                                                for a new one.  Once logged
      in
            you will
                  be
                              able to
                                    register
                                          your
                                                producer(s) with the Oracle
            Portal and
                  add
                              portlets from
                                    this
                                                producer
                                                to your own sandboxed
      portal
            page.  The
                  site
                              contains
                                          instructions on
                                                how to do this as well as
      an
            existing
                  sample
                              page
                                    containing
                                          portlets
                                                from the Oracle WSRP Sample
            Producer.
                  This
                              later is also

                                          hosted
                                                publically so other WSRP
            consumers can
                  test
                              if they
                                          work/interoperate
                                                with Oracle's WSRP/JSR 168
            container.
                  The
                              WSDL for this
                                          producer is
                                                available at

            http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL
                                          .
                                                 Though the site requests
                  problems/support
                              issues be
                                    directed
                                                discussion lists/support,
      we
            prefer you
                  use
                              the

      wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
                  mailing
                              list to
                                    communicate
                                                questions/issues/problems.
      Dave
            and I
                  track
                              this list
                                    more
                                          closely
                                                ensuring faster turn around
      on
            reported
                              issues.

                                                     -Mike-

                                                You may leave a Technical
            Committee at
                  any
                              time by
                                    visiting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                                          --

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                          |                    |

                                          |     David Ward     |  Oracle
      European

                                          |      Principal     |
      Development
            Centre

                                          |  Software Engineer |  520
      Oracle
            Parkway

                                          Email: |
                                          |    Oracle Portal   |  Thames
      Valley
            Park

                                          david |
                                          |                    |  Reading

                                          .ward |
                                          |                    |  Berkshire
      RG6
            1RA

                                          @orac |
                                          |                    |  UK

                                          le.co |
                                          |                    |

                                          |                    |

                                          Tel: |
                                          |                    |

                                          +44   |
                                          |                    |

                                          118   |
                                          |                    |

                                          924   |
                                          |                    |

                                          5079  |
                                          |                    |

                                          Fax: |
                                          |                    |

                                          +44   |
                                          |                    |

                                          118   |
                                          |                    |

                                          924   |
                                          |                    |

                                          5005  |
                                          |                    |

                                          |                    |

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                          You may leave a Technical
      Committee at
            any
                  time by
                              visiting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                                    --

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                    |                    |

                                    |     David Ward     |  Oracle European
            |

                                    |      Principal     |  Development
      Centre

                                    |  Software Engineer |  520 Oracle
      Parkway

                                    Email: |
                                    |    Oracle Portal   |  Thames Valley
      Park

                                    david |
                                    |                    |  Reading

                                    .ward |

                                    @orac |
                                    |                    |  UK

                                    le.co |
                                    |                    |

                                    |                    |

                                    Tel: |
                                    |                    |

                                    +44   |
                                    |                    |

                                    118   |
                                    |                    |

                                    924   |
                                    |                    |

                                    5079  |
                                    |                    |

                                    Fax: |
                                    |                    |

                                    +44   |
                                    |                    |

                                    118   |
                                    |                    |

                                    924   |
                                    |                    |

                                    5005  |
                                    |                    |

                                    |                    |

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                              --

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                              |                    |

                              |     David Ward     |  Oracle European
      |

                              |      Principal     |  Development Centre
      |

                              |  Software Engineer |  520 Oracle Parkway

                              Email: |
                              |    Oracle Portal   |  Thames Valley Park

                              david |
                              |                    |  Reading

                              .ward |

                              @orac |
                              |                    |  UK

                              le.co |
                              |                    |

                              m     |
                              |                    |

                              Tel: |
                              |                    |

                              +44   |
                              |                    |

                              118   |
                              |                    |

                              924   |
                              |                    |

                              5079  |
                              |                    |

                              Fax: |
                              |                    |

                              +44   |
                              |                    |

                              118   |
                              |                    |

                              924   |
                              |                    |

                              5005  |
                              |                    |

                              |                    |

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                              Listen Port: 2222
                              Target Host: wsrp.dyndns.org
                              Target Port: 8083
                              ==== Request ====
                              POST /wsrp/wsrp4j/WSRPBaseService HTTP/1.1
                              Host: ukp16267.uk.oracle.com:2222
                              Connection: Keep-Alive, TE
                              TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress

                              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                                 <env:Envelope xmlns:env="
                              http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
            xmlns:xsi="
                              http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
            xmlns:ns0
                              ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
                                    <env:Body>
                                       <ns0:initCookie>
                                          <ns0:registrationContext>

<ns0:registrationHandle>192.168.200.1_1055790421716_9</ns0:registrationHandle>

                                          </ns0:registrationContext>
                                       </ns0:initCookie>
                                    </env:Body>
                                 </env:Envelope>
                              POST /wsrp/wsrp4j/WSRPBaseService HTTP/1.1
                              Host: ukp16267.uk.oracle.com:2222
                              Connection: TE
                              TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress
                              Oracle-ECID:
      1055791210625ApplicationServerThread
                              Cookie:
      JSESSIONID=5934EF2F75DD19FA504553E09B8C2527
                              SOAPAction:
      "urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:getMarkup"
                              Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip, x-gzip,
      compress,
                  x-compress

                                 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                                    <env:Envelope xmlns:env="
                              http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
            xmlns:xsi="
                              http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
            xmlns:ns0
                              ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
                                       <env:Body>
                                          <ns0:getMarkup>
                                             <ns0:registrationContext>

<ns0:registrationHandle>192.168.200.1_1055790421716_9</ns0:registrationHandle>

                                             </ns0:registrationContext>
                                             <ns0:portletContext>

<ns0:portletHandle>0.192.168.200.1_1055790532049_10</ns0:portletHandle>

                                                <ns0:portletState/>
                                             </ns0:portletContext>
                                             <ns0:runtimeContext>

      <ns0:userAuthentication>wsrp:password</ns0:userAuthentication>

      <ns0:portletInstanceKey>253_34169_253_1_1</ns0:portletInstanceKey>

                                                <ns0:namespacePrefix>
                              __ns253_34169_253_1_1_</ns0:namespacePrefix>
                                             </ns0:runtimeContext>
                                             <ns0:userContext>

      <ns0:userContextKey>DXWARD4[1]</ns0:userContextKey>
                                             </ns0:userContext>
                                             <ns0:markupParams>

      <ns0:secureClientCommunication>false</ns0:secureClientCommunication>

      <ns0:locales>en-gb</ns0:locales>

                  <ns0:mimeTypes>text/html</ns0:mimeTypes>

            <ns0:mimeTypes>text/xml</ns0:mimeTypes>

            <ns0:mimeTypes>text/vnd.oracle.mobilexml</ns0:mimeTypes>

      <ns0:mode>wsrp:view</ns0:mode>

      <ns0:windowState>wsrp:normal</ns0:windowState>
                                                <ns0:clientData>

      <ns0:userAgent>Mozilla/4.0
                  (compatible;
                              MSIE 6.0;
                              Windows NT 5.0; Q312461)
                  RPT-HTTPClient/0.3-3</ns0:userAgent>
                                                   <ns0:extensions>

      <oracle:GenericExtension
                  xmlns:oracle="
                              http://xmlns.oracle.com/portal/wsrp/v1">
                                                         <ns0:NamedString
      name
                              ="X-Oracle-Device.Orientation">

                  <ns0:value>landscape</ns0:value>
                                                         </ns0:NamedString>
                                                         <ns0:NamedString
      name
                              ="X-Oracle-Device.MaxDocSize">

            <ns0:value>0</ns0:value>
                                                         </ns0:NamedString>
                                                         <ns0:NamedString
      name
                              ="X-Oracle-Device.Class">

                  <ns0:value>pcbrowser</ns0:value>
                                                         </ns0:NamedString>
                                                         <ns0:NamedString
      name
                              ="X-Oracle-Device.Secure">

                  <ns0:value>false</ns0:value>
                                                         </ns0:NamedString>

      </oracle:GenericExtension>
                                                   </ns0:extensions>
                                                </ns0:clientData>

      <ns0:navigationalState></ns0:navigationalState>

            <ns0:markupCharacterSets>utf-8</ns0:markupCharacterSets>

      <ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:view</ns0:validNewModes>

      <ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:edit</ns0:validNewModes>

      <ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:help</ns0:validNewModes>

      <ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:normal</ns0:validNewWindowStates>

      <ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:maximized</ns0:validNewWindowStates>

      <ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:minimized</ns0:validNewWindowStates>

                                             </ns0:markupParams>
                                          </ns0:getMarkup>
                                       </env:Body>
                                    </env:Envelope>
                              ==== Response ====
                              HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                              Transfer-Encoding: chunked
                              Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:18:53 GMT
                              Set-Cookie:
            JSESSIONID=5934EF2F75DD19FA504553E09B8C2527;
                              Path=/wsrp
                              Server: Apache Coyote/1.0
                              Via: 1.1 inet-nc01 (NetCache NetApp/5.3.1R3)

                              14c
                              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                                 <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
                              http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
            xmlns:xsd="
                              http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
                              http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                                    <soapenv:Body>
                                       <initCookieResponse xmlns
                              ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types"/>
                                    </soapenv:Body>
                                 </soapenv:Envelope>
                              0

                              HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
                              Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:18:54 GMT
                              Server: NetCache appliance (NetApp/5.3.1R3)

                                 <HTML>
                                    <!-- $Id:
//depot/prod/ontap/Rbrutus/prod/netcache/errors/500.html#1
$ -->
                                       <HEAD>
                                          <TITLE>500 Server Error</TITLE>
                                       </HEAD>
                                       <BODY>
                                          <H1>Server Error</H1>
                                          <H4>The following error occurred:
                                             <P>Bad URL</H4>
                                             <HR>Please contact the
                  administrator.</BODY>
                                          </HTML>

                              You may leave a Technical Committee at any
      time by
                  visiting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                              You may leave a Technical Committee at any
      time by
                  visiting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                        --

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                  |                    |                           |

> [...]

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

      --

|--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

      |                    |                           |

      |     David Ward     |  Oracle European          |

      |      Principal     |  Development Centre       |

      |  Software Engineer |  520 Oracle Parkway       |
      Email: |
      |    Oracle Portal   |  Thames Valley Park       |
      david |
      |                    |  Reading                  |
      .ward |
      |                    |  Berkshire RG6 1RA        |
      @orac |
      |                    |  UK                       |
      le.co |
      |                    |                           |                 m

      |                    |                           |
      Tel: |
      |                    |                           |
      +44   |
      |                    |                           |
      118   |
      |                    |                           |
      924   |
      |                    |                           |
      5079  |
      |                    |                           |
      Fax: |
      |                    |                           |
      +44   |
      |                    |                           |
      118   |
      924   |
      5005  |

--