Subject: Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

Hi David, yes I changed it today morning.
But I give it a new try in a few minutes just to be really sure.
Could be that you restarted your JVM after I did the reconnect, I don't
know.

Concerning the namespace params you're right. Our implementation currently
needs to do this because of the way the JSR ref impl works currently. We
need to wait for the JSR folks here to do that change.
So this is definitly an open issue but needs to be handled on our side.

Concerning the IBM producer: why not, let's give it a try. Hope we don't
have to many user's because it's a small machine and the persistence is
based on xml files :-)
We could talk about that in today's call.

Meanwhile I reconnected again: we are now at: 80.138.186.177
I checked your portal and it works!

Btw. could you report today about that problem and your circumvention, so
we can pass it to the primer editor's?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           David Ward       |
|         |           <david.ward@oracl|
|         |           e.com>           |
|         |           06/18/2003 01:17 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE                                                                                                  |
  |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!                                                                                                       |

That's good news! So you definitely changed the IP address from yesterday?
It seems to be working for me too.

About the namespaced form parameters - is this behaviour something the spec
dictates? The last time we consulted the spec on this, we believed it meant
that the consumer would handle all namespacing of url parameters and form
fields transparently, and the producer wouldn't have to add its own prefix.

By the way, how would you feel about us exposing the IBM producer as a
pre-registered producer to all users?

Thanks

David

Richard Jacob wrote:
      Hi David,

      seems to work now?
      I was able to put IBM's portlets on your portal and access them.
      Will check the communication log.
      I encountered a problem sending the form data.
      Seems to be the namespace token issue here, will check that.

      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

              Richard Jacob
      IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
      Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
      Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
      Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

      |         |           Richard          |
      |         |           Jacob/Germany/IBM|
      |         |           @IBMDE           |
      |         |           06/18/2003 10:41 |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

        |       To:       David Ward <david.ward@oracle.com>
      |
        |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
      |
        |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

      ok done,

      we are now at: 80.138.191.123, internet DNS servers checked, resolve
      correctly

      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

              Richard Jacob
      IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
      Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
      Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
      Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

      |         |           David Ward       |
      |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
      |         |           e.com>           |
      |         |           06/17/2003 08:23 |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

        |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
      |
        |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
      |
        |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

      html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
      Either way, our Java client was still timing out.

      I'm not sure I configured it right last time. This time I've set the
      System
      property as a JVM command line option, so if it doesn't work this
      time,
      something somewhere else in our system is still caching the IP
      address.
      I've checked the most likely source code and still can't find the
      culprit.

      So could you do another random reconnect tomorrow and I'll see if it
      recovers this time.

      Thanks

      Dave

      Richard Jacob wrote:
            oops, sorry.
            Seems that all the monitor instances crashed somehow (perhaps I
      need
            watchdog here)
            Now they are up again.

            Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

                    Richard Jacob
            IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
            Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
            Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
            Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

            |         |           David Ward       |
            |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
            |         |           e.com>           |
            |         |           06/17/2003 06:42 |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

              |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
            |
              |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
            |
              |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

            Port 8083 doesn't seem to be up!

            Richard Jacob wrote:
                  done,

                  we are now on: 80.138.161.43, nameservers are adjusted
            accordingly

                  Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

                          Richard Jacob
                  IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                  Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
                  Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
                  Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                  |         |           David Ward       |
                  |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
                  |         |           e.com>           |
                  |         |           06/17/2003 05:29 |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                    |       To:       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
                  |
                    |       cc:       wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
                  |
                    |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                  Thanks again. In the interests of interoperability, could
      you
            try
                  forcing a
                  reconnect now, and we'll see whether our JVM recovers or
      not!

                  I assume our registration handle will still be valid (but
      the
            session
                  won't).

                  Dave

                  Richard Jacob wrote:
                        So we had two good guesses today :-)
                        In general dyndns is simple: you have one
      registered
                  hostname.domain.
                        Everytime we get a new IP address associated we ask
      the
            dyndns
                  server
                        (which is an implementation of dynamicDNS) to
      update our
            IP
                  Address,
                        i.e.
                        the A record in the DNS database (we could also do
      it for
            MX
                  records
                        and so
                        on).
                        Why we need this is because we have a standard
      internet
                  provider over
                        adsl
                        which disconnects us after being online for 24
      hours,
            thanks to
                  some
                        linux
                        scripts :-) we discover that and reconnect
      immediatly -
            that's
                  the
                        time
                        when we get a new address assigned.

                        I wonder that the JDK implementation doesn't handle
      the
                  standard way
                        of
                        expiration handling in the domain name system. At
      dyndns
            we
                  have a
                        very
                        short expiry set on our records so that secondary
      and
            caching
                  name
                        servers
                        (and resolvers) drop that record and retrieve it
      again
            from the
                        authoritative DNS of the dyndns.org domain.

                        I can force a disconnect/reconnect if you want to
      test
            this
                  now, just
                        let
                        me know...

                        This is a good point for the primer again, I think!

                        Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

                                Richard Jacob

                        IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                        Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
                        Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
                        Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                        |         |           David Ward       |
                        |         |           <david.ward@oracl|
                        |         |           e.com>           |
                        |         |           06/17/2003 04:21 |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

      <david.ward@oracle.com>

      Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
                        wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                          |       Subject:  [wsrp-interop] Eureka!

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                        The problem was that the java.net.InetAddress class
      by
            default
                  caches
                        IP
                        addresses forever once it has resolved them once.
      With a
                  dynamic name
                        like
                        wsrp.dyndns.org, this was bound to cause problems -
            gather
                  that
                        your
                        server reassociates itself with a new IP address
      every so
                  often.
                        (Don't
                        know exactly how dyndns works!)

                        If we were running on JDK 1.4, it appears we would
      be
            able to
                  control
                        the
                        "time to live" for cached IP addresses through a
      security
                  policy.
                        However,
                        it seems that the 'private' sun.net.inetaddr.ttl
      System
                  property
                        mentioned
                        here also has the same effect on JDK 1.3.

                        I have restarted our servlet container JVM with the
                        sun.net.inetaddr.ttl
                        System property set to 120 (2 minutes). So far, the
            producer
                  seems to
                        be
                        running fine on portalstandards.oracle.com. We'll
      just
            need to
                  wait
                        and see
                        whether it remains so when you next acquire a new
      IP
            address!

                        I don't know whether it would be worthwhile
      including
            this
                  useful gem
                        of
                        information in any of the WSRP literature - if you
      want
            your
                  Java
                        consumer
                        to work with producers with dynamic IP addresses,
      be
            aware of
                  these
                        settings.

                        Thanks

                        Dave

                        David Ward wrote:
                              Hi Richard

                              Thanks for investigating this. I've just
      realised
            how
                  cool the
                        WS-I
                              testing tool is (the log file looked great
      once I
                  installed all
                        the
                              XSL). I'll try to look into getting it
      installed on
            our
                        environment.

                              If you saw my previous message, you'll know
      that
            your
                  theory
                        was
                              correct, and our proxy was the source of the
            problems we
                  were
                        having
                              when the HTTP 1.0 Keep-Alive header was sent.
      It's
            only
                  our
                        runtime
                              component that uses connection persistence
      (for the
                  initCookie
                        /
                              getMarkup / performBlockingAction) calls, and
      it's
            only
                  in our
                              internal testing environment where we need to
      use a
            proxy
                  for
                        this
                              component. In the portalstandards.oracle.com
            environment,
                  these
                        calls
                              do not need to be proxied.

                              The successful calls you have in your log
      file
            where the
                        connection
                              actually was persisted were made from the
            portalstandards
                              environment. Here we are experiencing a
      different
            problem
                  - the
                        calls
                              only work when we register with an IP address
            rather than
                        domain
                              name. This is weird, because I can ping and
      telnet
            to the
                        domain name
                              from the same machine with no problems. Any
      ideas?

                              Thanks again

                              Dave

                              Richard Jacob wrote:
                                    Hi David,

                                    what you state concerning HTTP
      keep-alive is
                  correct.
                        I'll try
                                    to summerize
                                    and reword to check if we have the same
                  understanding:
                                    HTTP 1.0 is by default request/response
            oriented
                  without
                                    keeping the
                                    connection open, thus every new request
      opens
            a new
                        socket and
                                    closes this
                                    after the resonse is received.
                                    To keep the connection open among the
                  request/response
                                    messages, the HTTP
                                    1.0 client sends a connection:
      keep-alive
            header.
                  If the
                        server
                                    supports
                                    this it send a connection: keep-alive
      in the
                  response to
                                    indicate that the
                                    connection is not closed and can be
      reused.
                                    HTTP 1.1 remains the connection open by
            default.
                  The
                                    connection: keep-alive
                                    is nearly meaningless in HTTP 1.1.
                                    If the server wants to close the
      connection
            it
                  sends
                                    connection: close in
                                    its response. If it doesn't do so, the
            connection
                  is kept
                        open.

                                    I checked the log files which monitored
      the
                  conversation
                                    between our
                                    producer and your consumer and between
      our
            producer
                  and
                                    Citrix's consumer
                                    (thanks Andre for driving that test).
                                    See attached files, 8082 is Citrix,
      8083 is
            Oracle.

                                    (See attached file: log8082.xml)(See
      attached
            file:
                                    log8083.xml)

                                    In Citrix's case the keep-alive seem to
      work.
                  Andre's
                        messages
                                    start with
                                    message 13, which is conversation 12.
      As you
            can
                  see all
                        the
                                    request/response up to message 66 are
      in the
            same
                        conversation,
                                    i.e.
                                    connection.
                                    67 starts a new conversation (maybe
      because
            the
                  client or
                                    server decided to
                                    close the connection in between).
                                    In Oracle's case we see a lot of
      different
                  connections
                        for each
                                    request/response.
                                    But interestingly messages 135-138 and
            141-144
                  share the
                        same
                                    connection.
                                    Looking at 1-134 it seems that you use
            proxy in
                  between
                        for
                                    the
                                    conversation, see header:
                                    Via: 1.1 inet-nc02 (NetCache
      NetApp/5.3.1R3)

                                    In 135 you are using a direct
      connection (no
            via:
                        header).
                                    That's a guess but maybe the proxy in
      between
                  doesn't
                        support
                                    keep-alive?
                                    or is a 1.0 server?
                                    Currently I have no idea why the
      connection
            is
                  closed
                        after 138
                                    and
                                    reopened for 139/140 and then again for
            141...

                                    Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best
      regards,

                                            Richard Jacob

                                    IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                                    Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server
            Development
                                    Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49
      7031
            16-4888
                                    Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                                    |         |           David Ward

                                    |         |
      <david.ward@oracl|
                                    |         |           e.com>

                                    |         |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

            Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

                                      |       cc:
                  wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                                      |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-interop]
      Verify
                        interoperability
                                    with Oracle Portal

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                    Richard

                                    I am attaching the trace I got from a
      TCP
            tunnel
                  when our
                                    Portal tries to
                                    make consecutive initCookie and
      getMarkup
            requests
                        through the
                                    same pooled
                                    TCP connection. After further
      investigation,
                  found that
                        the
                                    "Keep-Alive"
                                    value we send in the Connection header
      of the
            first
                        request is
                                    actually
                                    HTTP 1.0 semantics that can be ignored
      by an
            HTTP
                  1.1
                        server.
                                    That's why it
                                    doesn't appear in the second request.
      An HTTP
            1.1
                  server
                        would
                                    return
                                    Connection: close if it doesn't want
      the
            connection
                  to be
                        kept
                                    open, since
                                    the default is that the connection is
      kept
            alive.
                  An HTTP
                        1.0
                                    server would
                                    set the Keep-Alive header on the
      response if
            it
                  wanted
                        the
                                    connection to be
                                    kept open. Because we get an HTTP 1.1
            response with
                  no
                                    Connection close
                                    header, our client assumes it can keep
      the
                  connection
                        open and
                                    send another
                                    request on it, but this doesn't seem to
      be
            working.

                                    We are using the same HTTPClient
      library we
            have
                  relied
                        on for
                                    years (not
                                    that that means it might not have
      bugs!). You
            can
                  force
                        your
                                    JVM to use it
                                    instead of the regular JDK
      HttpURLConnection
            by
                  setting
                        the
                                    java.protocol.handler.pkgs system
      property to
                  HTTPClient.

                                    Thanks

                                    Dave

                                    David Ward wrote:

                                          Hi David, thanks.

                                          1. yes we have this namespacing
      issue
            still
                  open
                        due to
                                    the JSR168
                                          container reference
      implementation.
                                          Once this is changed on the
      container
            side we
                  can
                        skip
                                    the
                                          namespacing
                                          here.
                                          2. strange, we tested with both
      AXIS
            HTTP1.0
                  -> no
                        keep
                                    alive and
                                          with
                                          .NETs HTTP1.1 and keep alive set.
                                          Citrix's consumer also sets the
            keep-alive
                  flag.
                                          Andre, can you confirm please,
      and
            rerun your
                        consumer
                                    against our
                                          producer
                                          over the monitoring port (8082).
                                          David could you also try to
      connect via
            the
                        monitoring
                                    port 8083,
                                          please.
                                          Maybe we discover something.

                                          I'll attach one WSI-monitor file
            showing a
                        conversation
                                    between
                                          Citrix and
                                          IBM, here the keep alive seem to
      work.
            You
                  should
                        have
                                    the xsl files
                                          (from
                                          the WS-I monitor) placed in the
            directory
                  "../xsl"
                                    relative to your
                                          log
                                          file directory to generate a
            user-friedly
                  output.

                                          (See attached file:
                        log8082.xml.030606150200.xml)(See
                                    attached file:
                                          assertions.xsl)(See attached
      file:
                  common.xsl)(See
                                    attached file:
                                          log.xsl)
                                          (See attached file: report.xsl)

                                          Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best
            regards,

                                                  Richard Jacob

                                          IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                                          Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal
      Server
                  Development
                                          Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax:
      ++49
            7031
                  16-4888
                                          Email:
      mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                                          |         |           David Ward

                                          |         |
            <david.ward@oracl|
                                          |         |           e.com>

                                          |         |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                  Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

                                            |       cc:
                        wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                                            |       Subject:  Re:
      [wsrp-interop]
            Verify
                                    interoperability with
                                          Oracle Portal          |

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                          Thanks

                                          I have altered our WSDL to
      reference

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl

                                          in the import, and will make this
      fix
                  available
                        when we
                                    next patch
                                          our
                                          site!

                                          We got the IBM portlet
      displaying, but
                  there's a
                        few
                                    glitches I want
                                          talk about. I'll investigate
      further as
            soon
                  as I
                        get the
                                    chance,
                                          but:
                                                The portlet seems to be
            namespacing the
                  input
                                    fields in its
                                          form. Is
                                                this required?
                                                The producer can't seem to
      cope
            with
                  HTTP 1.1
                        keep
                                    alive
                                          behaviour -
                                                we can only register the
      producer
            when
                  we
                        turn off
                                    connection
                                          pooling
                                          Regards

                                          David

                                          Richard Jacob wrote:
                                                Hi David,

                                                there is an absolut
      location for
            the
                  wsdl.
                                                You can find them here:

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_types.xsd

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_interfaces.wsdl

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrp/specifications/version1/wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl

                                                  See chapter 14 of the
      spec or
            the
                  wsrp
                        group's
                                    home page.

                                                Mit freundlichen Gruessen /
      best
                  regards,

                                                        Richard Jacob

                                                IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
                                                Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal
            Server
                        Development
                                                Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -
      Fax:
            ++49
                  7031
                        16-4888
                                                Email:
            mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

                                                |         |           David
      Ward

                                                |         |
                  <david.ward@oracl|
                                                |         |
      e.com>

                                                |         |

                                                |         |
      06/12/2003
            02:21

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                    Fischer3/Germany/IBM@IBMDE

                                                  |       cc:       Michael
            Freedman
                                          <Michael.Freedman@oracle.com>,
                                                wsrp-interop
                        <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                  |       Subject:  Re:
            [wsrp-interop]
                  Verify
                                    interoperability
                                          with
                                                Oracle Portal

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                                This is indeed a bug. We
      will
            need to
                  fix the
                        WSDL
                                    we return so
                                          that
                                                the
                                                imports actually resolve to
            location
                  on our
                                    webserver.

                                                It would be useful if there
      was
            an
                  absolute
                                    location on OASIS
                                          that
                                                everyone
                                                could use in their imports.

                                                Regards

                                                David

                                                Peter Fischer3 wrote:
                                                      Hi Mike,

                                                      our consumer is
      having
            problems
                  reading
                        the
                                    wsdl you
                                          provided.
                                                      It imports the
      binding wsdl
            like
                  this:

                                                      <import namespace
                                    ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:bind"
                                          location="

      wsrp_v1_bindings.wsdl" />

                                                      but at this location
            (realtive to

            http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL
                  )no
                                          such
                                                document
                                                      can be
                                                      found.

                                                      Should a WSRP
      consumer be
            able to
                        handle that
                                    by using a
                                          local
                                                      version of
                                                      the wsdl or must the
            producer
                  provide a
                                    correct /
                                          complete
                                                wsdl?

                                                      Mit freundlichen
      Grüßen /
            Best
                  Regards

                                                      Peter

                                                      "Don't think of the
      problem
            -
                  think of
                        the
                                    solution!" ;-)

                                                      IBM WebSphere Portal
            Development
                        Boeblingen,
                                    Germany
                                                      Phone:
      ++49-7031-16-4497
                                                      eMail:
            peter.fischer@de.ibm.com

                                                      |         |
            Michael
                  Freedman

                                                      |         |
                        <Michael.Freedman@|
                                                      |         |
            oracle.com>

                                                      |         |

                                                      |         |
            06/10/2003
                  07:45

                                                      |         |
      PM

                                                      |         |

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                                        |       To:
      WSRP
                                    <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>,
                                                wsrp-interop

                  <wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                        |       cc:
                                                      |
                                                        |       Subject:
                  [wsrp-interop]
                        Verify
                                          interoperability with
                                                      Oracle Portal

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

                                                      As of yesterday,
      Monday
            June9th,
                  Oracle
                        is
                                    publically
                                          hosting a
                                                      pre-release version
      of its
            portal
                                    implementing the TC 1.0
                                          WSRP
                                                      specification so
      other
                        vendors/customers can
                                    verify their

                                                      implementations
            interoperate with
                        Oracle.  By
                                    making this

                                                publically
                                                      available we hope to
            accelerate
                  the use
                        and
                                          implementation of
                                                      interoperable WSRP
            producers. The
                  site
                        is
                                    available at:

                  http://portalstandards.oracle.com.
                                    Additonal supporting

                                                information
                                                      is
                                                      available if you
      click on
            the "Go
                  back
                                    Oracle9iAS
                                          Portal
                                                Center"
                                                      link
                                                      on this sites welcome
      page.
                  use the
                        site
                                    [to test
                                          your
                                                producer]
                                                      you
                                                      must be a logged in
      "Oracle
                  Technology
                                    Network" user.
                                                accounts
                                                      are free and
      available to
            all.
                  Merely
                        click
                                    on the
                                          "login"
                                                link in
                                                      the
                                                      upper right corner
      and
            either
                  login to
                        an
                                    existing
                                          account or
                                                sign up
                                                      for a new one.  Once
      logged
            in
                  you will
                        be
                                    able to
                                          register
                                                your
                                                      producer(s) with the
      Oracle
                  Portal and
                        add
                                    portlets from
                                          this
                                                      producer
                                                      to your own sandboxed
            portal
                  page.  The
                        site
                                    contains
                                                instructions on
                                                      how to do this as
      well as
            an
                  existing
                        sample
                                    page
                                          containing
                                                portlets
                                                      from the Oracle WSRP
      Sample
                  Producer.
                        This
                                    later is also

                                                hosted
                                                      publically so other
      WSRP
                  consumers can
                        test
                                    if they
                                                work/interoperate
                                                      with Oracle's
      WSRP/JSR 168
                  container.
                        The
                                    WSDL for this
                                                producer is
                                                      available at

                  http://portalstandards.oracle.com/wsrp/jaxrpc?WSDL
                                                .
                                                       Though the site
      requests
                        problems/support
                                    issues be
                                          directed
                                                      discussion
      lists/support,
            we
                  prefer you
                        use
                                    the

            wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org
                        mailing
                                    list to
                                          communicate

      questions/issues/problems.
            Dave
                  and I
                        track
                                    this list
                                          more
                                                closely
                                                      ensuring faster turn
      around
            on
                  reported
                                    issues.

                                                           -Mike-

                                                      You may leave a
      Technical
                  Committee at
                        any
                                    time by
                                          visiting

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                                                --

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                                |                    |

                                                |     David Ward     |
      Oracle
            European

                                                |      Principal     |
            Development
                  Centre

                                                |  Software Engineer |  520
            Oracle
                  Parkway

                                                Email: |
                                                |    Oracle Portal   |
      Thames
            Valley
                  Park

                                                david |
                                                |                    |
      Reading

                                                .ward |
                                                |                    |
      Berkshire
            RG6
                  1RA

                                                @orac |
                                                |                    |  UK

                                                le.co |
                                                |                    |

                                                |                    |

                                                Tel: |
                                                |                    |

                                                +44   |
                                                |                    |

                                                118   |
                                                |                    |

                                                924   |
                                                |                    |

                                                5079  |
                                                |                    |

                                                Fax: |
                                                |                    |

                                                +44   |
                                                |                    |

                                                118   |
                                                |                    |

                                                924   |
                                                |                    |

                                                5005  |
                                                |                    |

                                                |                    |

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                                You may leave a Technical
            Committee at
                  any
                        time by
                                    visiting

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                                          --

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                          |                    |

                                          |     David Ward     |  Oracle
      European

                                          |      Principal     |
      Development
            Centre

                                          |  Software Engineer |  520
      Oracle
            Parkway

                                          Email: |
                                          |    Oracle Portal   |  Thames
      Valley
            Park

                                          david |
                                          |                    |  Reading

                                          .ward |
                                          |                    |  Berkshire
      RG6
            1RA

                                          @orac |
                                          |                    |  UK

                                          le.co |
                                          |                    |

                                          |                    |

                                          Tel: |
                                          |                    |

                                          +44   |
                                          |                    |

                                          118   |
                                          |                    |

                                          924   |
                                          |                    |

                                          5079  |
                                          |                    |

                                          Fax: |
                                          |                    |

                                          +44   |
                                          |                    |

                                          118   |
                                          |                    |

                                          924   |
                                          |                    |

                                          5005  |
                                          |                    |

                                          |                    |

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                    --

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                    |                    |

                                    |     David Ward     |  Oracle European
            |

                                    |      Principal     |  Development
      Centre

                                    |  Software Engineer |  520 Oracle
      Parkway

                                    Email: |
                                    |    Oracle Portal   |  Thames Valley
      Park

                                    david |
                                    |                    |  Reading

                                    .ward |

                                    @orac |
                                    |                    |  UK

                                    le.co |
                                    |                    |

                                    m     |
                                    |                    |

                                    Tel: |
                                    |                    |

                                    +44   |
                                    |                    |

                                    118   |
                                    |                    |

                                    924   |
                                    |                    |

                                    5079  |
                                    |                    |

                                    Fax: |
                                    |                    |

                                    +44   |
                                    |                    |

                                    118   |
                                    |                    |

                                    924   |
                                    |                    |

                                    5005  |
                                    |                    |

                                    |                    |

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                                    Listen Port: 2222
                                    Target Host: wsrp.dyndns.org
                                    Target Port: 8083
                                    ==== Request ====
                                    POST /wsrp/wsrp4j/WSRPBaseService
      HTTP/1.1
                                    Host: ukp16267.uk.oracle.com:2222
                                    Connection: Keep-Alive, TE
                                    TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress

                                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                                       <env:Envelope xmlns:env="

      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
                                    xmlns:xsd="
      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
                  xmlns:xsi="

      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                  xmlns:ns0
                                    ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
                                          <env:Body>
                                             <ns0:initCookie>
                                                <ns0:registrationContext>

      <ns0:registrationHandle>192.168.200.1_1055790421716_9</ns0:registrationHandle>

                                                </ns0:registrationContext>
                                             </ns0:initCookie>
                                          </env:Body>
                                       </env:Envelope>
                                    POST /wsrp/wsrp4j/WSRPBaseService
      HTTP/1.1
                                    Host: ukp16267.uk.oracle.com:2222
                                    Connection: TE
                                    TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress
                                    Oracle-ECID:
            1055791210625ApplicationServerThread
                                    Cookie:
            JSESSIONID=5934EF2F75DD19FA504553E09B8C2527
                                    SOAPAction:
            "urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:getMarkup"
                                    Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip, x-gzip,
            compress,
                        x-compress

                                       <?xml version="1.0" encoding
      ="UTF-8"?>
                                          <env:Envelope xmlns:env="

      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
                                    xmlns:xsd="
      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
                  xmlns:xsi="

      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                  xmlns:ns0
                                    ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
                                             <env:Body>
                                                <ns0:getMarkup>

      <ns0:registrationContext>

      <ns0:registrationHandle>192.168.200.1_1055790421716_9</ns0:registrationHandle>

      </ns0:registrationContext>
                                                   <ns0:portletContext>

      <ns0:portletHandle>0.192.168.200.1_1055790532049_10</ns0:portletHandle>

                                                      <ns0:portletState/>
                                                   </ns0:portletContext>
                                                   <ns0:runtimeContext>

            <ns0:userAuthentication>wsrp:password</ns0:userAuthentication>

      <ns0:portletInstanceKey>253_34169_253_1_1</ns0:portletInstanceKey>

                                                      <ns0:namespacePrefix>

      __ns253_34169_253_1_1_</ns0:namespacePrefix>
                                                   </ns0:runtimeContext>
                                                   <ns0:userContext>

            <ns0:userContextKey>DXWARD4[1]</ns0:userContextKey>
                                                   </ns0:userContext>
                                                   <ns0:markupParams>

      <ns0:secureClientCommunication>false</ns0:secureClientCommunication>

            <ns0:locales>en-gb</ns0:locales>

                        <ns0:mimeTypes>text/html</ns0:mimeTypes>

                  <ns0:mimeTypes>text/xml</ns0:mimeTypes>

                  <ns0:mimeTypes>text/vnd.oracle.mobilexml</ns0:mimeTypes>

            <ns0:mode>wsrp:view</ns0:mode>

            <ns0:windowState>wsrp:normal</ns0:windowState>
                                                      <ns0:clientData>

            <ns0:userAgent>Mozilla/4.0
                        (compatible;
                                    MSIE 6.0;
                                    Windows NT 5.0; Q312461)
                        RPT-HTTPClient/0.3-3</ns0:userAgent>
                                                         <ns0:extensions>

            <oracle:GenericExtension
                        xmlns:oracle="
                                    http://xmlns.oracle.com/portal/wsrp/v1"

      <ns0:NamedString
            name
                                    ="X-Oracle-Device.Orientation">

                        <ns0:value>landscape</ns0:value>

      </ns0:NamedString>

      <ns0:NamedString
            name
                                    ="X-Oracle-Device.MaxDocSize">

                  <ns0:value>0</ns0:value>

      </ns0:NamedString>

      <ns0:NamedString
            name
                                    ="X-Oracle-Device.Class">

                        <ns0:value>pcbrowser</ns0:value>

      </ns0:NamedString>

      <ns0:NamedString
            name
                                    ="X-Oracle-Device.Secure">

                        <ns0:value>false</ns0:value>

      </ns0:NamedString>

            </oracle:GenericExtension>
                                                         </ns0:extensions>
                                                      </ns0:clientData>

            <ns0:navigationalState></ns0:navigationalState>

                  <ns0:markupCharacterSets>utf-8</ns0:markupCharacterSets>

            <ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:view</ns0:validNewModes>

            <ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:edit</ns0:validNewModes>

            <ns0:validNewModes>wsrp:help</ns0:validNewModes>

      <ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:normal</ns0:validNewWindowStates>

      <ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:maximized</ns0:validNewWindowStates>

      <ns0:validNewWindowStates>wsrp:minimized</ns0:validNewWindowStates>

                                                   </ns0:markupParams>
                                                </ns0:getMarkup>
                                             </env:Body>
                                          </env:Envelope>
                                    ==== Response ====
                                    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                                    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
                                    Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:18:53 GMT
                                    Set-Cookie:
                  JSESSIONID=5934EF2F75DD19FA504553E09B8C2527;
                                    Path=/wsrp
                                    Server: Apache Coyote/1.0
                                    Via: 1.1 inet-nc01 (NetCache
      NetApp/5.3.1R3)

                                    14c
                                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                                       <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="

      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
                  xmlns:xsd="
                                    http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      xmlns:xsi="

      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                                          <soapenv:Body>
                                             <initCookieResponse xmlns
                                    ="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types"/>
                                          </soapenv:Body>
                                       </soapenv:Envelope>
                                    0

                                    HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
                                    Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:18:54 GMT
                                    Server: NetCache appliance
      (NetApp/5.3.1R3)

                                       <HTML>
                                          <!-- $Id:
      //depot/prod/ontap/Rbrutus/prod/netcache/errors/500.html#1
      $ -->
                                             <HEAD>
                                                <TITLE>500 Server
      Error</TITLE>
                                             </HEAD>
                                             <BODY>
                                                <H1>Server Error</H1>
                                                <H4>The following error
      occurred:
                                                   <P>Bad URL</H4>
                                                   <HR>Please contact the
                        administrator.</BODY>
                                                </HTML>

                                    You may leave a Technical Committee at
      any
            time by
                        visiting

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                                    You may leave a Technical Committee at
      any
            time by
                        visiting

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

                              --

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

                        |                    |                           |

> [...]

            |                    |                           |

      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

      --
      |--------------------+---------------------------+-----------------------|

      |                    |                           |

      |     David Ward     |  Oracle European          |

      |      Principal     |  Development Centre       |

      |  Software Engineer |  520 Oracle Parkway       |
      Email: |
      |    Oracle Portal   |  Thames Valley Park       |
      david |
      |                    |  Reading                  |
      .ward |
      |                    |  Berkshire RG6 1RA        |
      @orac |
      |                    |  UK                       |
      le.co |
      |                    |                           |                 m

      |                    |                           |
      Tel: |
      |                    |                           |
      +44   |
      |                    |                           |
      118   |
      |                    |                           |
      924   |
      |                    |                           |
      5079  |
      |                    |                           |
      Fax: |
      |                    |                           |
      +44   |
      |                    |                           |
      118   |
      |                    |                           |
      924   |
      5005  |

      You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp-interop/members/leave_workgroup.php

--